Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wiki posts in threads

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Originally Posted by jackal
Yeah, it's a known bug, and it is supposed to be fixed in "the next version." I don't know if/when that new version is ever coming, though...
Thanks. I did do a brief search but didn't find anything.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by dunk
Thanks. I did do a brief search but didn't find anything.
It was reported in the Wikipost Problems Master thread (see post#6 for admin's response).
Old May 18, 2014, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by libralibra
copied over from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...l#post20831009

why does the wiki post have to show up on every page? it's very annoying when the post is large, like in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...first-169.html

other forums just show it on page 1 - people know it's there when they need it, and don't have to skip down on every page.

The minimize is good. It would be better if it still left it open on page 1 so that you didn't have to toggle it again when you needed it (and then remember to toggle it off again).

I also see "Wikipost Hide All" under our Options settings. It'd be nice to make this a tri-state option: hide, show, show only on page 1.
not sure about the new fix to wiki posts (it shrinks down after a second or so). It causes the 'go to first new post' and 'go to last post' to end up in the wrong spot. It might be easier to only show the wiki on page 1, instead of having to invent ways to keep it out of the way on every page.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by libralibra
not sure about the new fix to wiki posts (it shrinks down after a second or so). It causes the 'go to first new post' and 'go to last post' to end up in the wrong spot. It might be easier to only show the wiki on page 1, instead of having to invent ways to keep it out of the way on every page.
Strongly, strongly disagree with this. In most threads with wikis I frequent, the wiki is something to be constantly referenced. It needs to be visible on all pages. It would destroy the wiki functionality to only display it on page 1.

However, I do agree the new functionality is buggy as you describe and needs to be fixed. AFAIK, IB is aware of the problem.
Old May 18, 2014, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
However, I do agree the new functionality is buggy as you describe and needs to be fixed. AFAIK, IB is aware of the problem.
ok, that's good news! The first half dozen times I didn't even know what had happened and just assumed I had accidentally scrolled or paged down after loading the page. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.