Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:13 pm

I only see 'Citi Simplicity' after clicking 1 of link #1 Visa (Business) , no annual fee. Is this citi business card you applied? I don't see any 'business' logo showing up.

Originally Posted by cyin
Applied with link #1 (Business Visa) on 9/25
Card arrived on 9/29
Confirmed the following:

1 mile per $ spent
2 miles per $ spent on AA
25% off in-flight food and beverage purchases
$150 credit after first AA purchase (no minimum)
2 AC passes
50K miles after $3K spent in first 4 months
1st year free, $75/year after that
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:42 pm

I searched the thread but didn't see anything specific about my situation. I'm a little over 12 months out from my first round of cards from this offer - I got two personal cards. Now, I consolidated the cards and closed one account and kept one active (they waived the yearly fee), am I likely to be able to get at least a business card? What about another personal card? I understand 12 months is cutting it close but my concern is the open card more than the time elapsed. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by tys90
I searched the thread but didn't see anything specific about my situation. I'm a little over 12 months out from my first round of cards from this offer - I got two personal cards. Now, I consolidated the cards and closed one account and kept one active (they waived the yearly fee), am I likely to be able to get at least a business card? What about another personal card? I understand 12 months is cutting it close but my concern is the open card more than the time elapsed. Thanks in advance.
The open card does not matter really. What matters is how long it has been since the last approval. If it has been just 12 mos since the last approval, you might be taking a risk. Most people have reported success at 18-24 mos.

As for the business card, you should be able to apply and get one, if you have not attempted getting the personal and/or business card within the last 65 days.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Anyone received the flight discount of $100 yet? I am way pass the threshold for both the MC and Visa cards.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Anyone received the flight discount of $100 yet? I am way pass the threshold for both the MC and Visa cards.
It's a credit for AA spending, and is not threshold based. Are you saying that you spent $100 with American and didn't receive the receive the credit?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: VX Silver
I got the $100 credit on the first statement. Luckily I had some trips planned and I use those cards to pay for them as soon as I got them.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Data Point:
Applied for the Visa and Amex cards using double browser. Instantly approved. Cards arrived 4 days later. Activated today and I confirmed both cards bonus...50K miles with $3000 spend in 4 months. $100 statement credit for first AA purchase and companion pass. I might have missed it in earlier posts but there is also 3x bonus points on AA flights for the first year.

Strangest thing happened on the activation phone calls... I got the same CSR for both cards (two separate calls). I said, "What are the odds of that, must be quite a few CSRs" He said thousands, and in all the years never happened to him. By the time we were done with the second call we were old buddies. Guy couldn't stop laughing.

Now I just hope an Aadvantage program exists in 6-12 months....
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by Cohall
It's a credit for AA spending, and is not threshold based. Are you saying that you spent $100 with American and didn't receive the receive the credit?
I meant to say " $100 American Airlines Flight Discount Every Year when you spend $30,000 or more"
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:04 pm
AAL

Another data point:
I also applied and was approved for both cards. I confirmed during the activation call that the bonus was 50,000 miles after $3000 spend in 4 months (which I will try to do promptly so I can book award tickets).
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Data Point:
Applied for the Visa and Amex cards using double browser. Instantly approved. Cards arrived 4 days later. Activated today and I confirmed both cards bonus...50K miles with $3000 spend in 4 months. $100 statement credit for first AA purchase and companion pass. I might have missed it in earlier posts but there is also 3x bonus points on AA flights for the first year.

Strangest thing happened on the activation phone calls... I got the same CSR for both cards (two separate calls). I said, "What are the odds of that, must be quite a few CSRs" He said thousands, and in all the years never happened to him. By the time we were done with the second call we were old buddies. Guy couldn't stop laughing.

Now I just hope an Aadvantage program exists in 6-12 months....
Off topic, but I've actually called the AA PLT desk (really just regular AA Reservations) twice and and got the same agent. Really quite frustrating, as she gave me wrong information the first time and I wanted to get a different agent.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Do any of these cards come with priority boarding and free bags perk? Or is it default with all AA citi cards?

Got mail from them today and here's 35K card with "priority check-in" bonus spelled out.

Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Do any of these cards come with priority boarding and free bags perk? Or is it default with all AA citi cards?

Got mail from them today and here's 35K card with "priority check-in" bonus spelled out.

All AA cards offer those benefits. Page 1 has a much better offer
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:32 am

Not sure if this is old news, but I received a mailer touting a "New" CitiBusiness AAdvantage World Mastercard with 40K bonus miles for $3K purchases within the first 3 months.

Obviously not as good as the 50K offer for the Business Visa card...but for those that already have that card perhaps this could be useful....

The link listed on the mailer is aadvantagecards4.citicards.com , the mailer notes that the offer expires on 11/30/12.

Apologies if old...
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Already have visa aa card applied for amex card and got pending ,but a chat window popped up and asked if i want to chat and get instant decision ,got approved after chatting
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:37 am

After I received my card, called the activation number but did not talk to any agent. Should I call to confirm the 50K bonus? I used the link in page 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.