Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 9:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This issue has been brought to the attention of the IB Administrator Team and Community Director; it is currently under discussion.

Thanks for bringing this matter up for referral to the proper people in Internet a Brands / FlyerTalk.

JDiver, Senior Moderator
Old May 4, 2015, 1:35 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Just happened to me again.
I was reading a thread in the Emirates airline forum. Page suddenly redirect and a full page ad appears, then went blank.
I have a screenshot which should help you as it has the URL it redirected to (you can see the tab still has the title of the thread I was reading). Unfortunately the page went quickly blank due to me deactivating Flash.

I am using a laptop; MacOS 10, Chrome browser.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:38 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Apologies again -- we do seem to be having an issue with ads that are being served to our members in the UK. We're doing our best to track them and block them -- please keep the screen shots coming! If at all possible, a shot of both where you are redirected, as well as the page on FT you were redirected FROM would really help.

Paul
Old May 13, 2015, 2:42 am

Same here

In the Philippines. Browsing on android phone.

Ad pops up then redirects me to another site. Also brings u to google play store to download something

Says junkfiles is full

Update android cleaning.

Pop up says

Update.Sztdy.com or something

http://f4tracking.com/jump/?jl=16152692

Cant post screenshot from phone?

Last edited by bigbellytraveler; May 13, 2015 at 3:15 am
Old May 13, 2015, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

at least on my (mac) (im assuming its my end) some FT ads seem to be causing a browser crash / taking up all system memory
seems like no one else experiencing similar?

some recent examples during crash >
Read ds.serving-sys.com

Connected to bs.serving-sys.com

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 26, 2015 at 1:07 pm
Old May 19, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Cigarette advertising

Tonight was the first time I've ever seen cigarette ads on FT. I am in Indonesia at the moment, but I'd certainly prefer not to see them.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Tonight was the first time I've ever seen cigarette ads on FT. I am in Indonesia at the moment, but I'd certainly prefer not to see them.
I would prefer it too -- if you can screen shot them, we can see if they are coming from us and try to block them.

Paul
Old May 19, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I got a couple of screenshots on my ipad, but it's charging right now. I'll send over later.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davie355
Not to be a downer, but using or advocating the use of ....... on FT is actually a bannable offense.
If enforced it would probably thin the ranks of FTer's pretty quickly.
Old May 20, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
I am getting SKII ads flashed onto my screen. While the ad stays in it's assigned spot, it has SOUND.

I don't mind ads, I even click on a few if it seems interesting but having to desperately find the ad box so I can turn off the sound each time I change a page is getting old.
Old May 20, 2015, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
I am getting SKII ads flashed onto my screen. While the ad stays in it's assigned spot, it has SOUND.

I don't mind ads, I even click on a few if it seems interesting but having to desperately find the ad box so I can turn off the sound each time I change a page is getting old.
Please post a screen shot
Old May 21, 2015, 3:16 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This is ridiculous. On separate MacBooks, at work and home with different IP addresses these ads are hijacking the FT thread I am trying to read and install Malware.

It needs to be fixed as it is a massive security flaw.

Old May 21, 2015, 9:43 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
m0hamed, it looks like in your example, the ad opened in a different tab that the one you were using to browse FT. Am I seeing that correctly or did that ad take over a tab that also had FT on it?
Old May 21, 2015, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
This is ridiculous. On separate MacBooks, at work and home with different IP addresses these ads are hijacking the FT thread I am trying to read and install Malware.

It needs to be fixed as it is a massive security flaw.

That is your browser, not FlyerTalk. Try running your AV program and clearing your cache and cookies.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:10 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lo2e
m0hamed, it looks like in your example, the ad opened in a different tab that the one you were using to browse FT. Am I seeing that correctly or did that ad take over a tab that also had FT on it?
It takes over a FT link. I log into My FT, open my subscriptions notifications in new tabs and one of the tabs gets hijacked by the link.

Originally Posted by IBobi
That is your browser, not FlyerTalk. Try running your AV program and clearing your cache and cookies.
I've done that. It's not my browser. My work Macbook is clean, less than a week old and is used for Gmail in Chrome and FT in Safari. It has a different IP and the same issue occurs meaning it is not an individual machine or browser. I have fairly stealth security settings on both machines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.