Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: CHAT IS OFFLINE AT THIS TIME.

Originally Posted by IBobi
The software that powers FlyerTalk Chat is no longer. While we implement a new chat platform with exciting new features, chat will be offline for several weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience.

-The FT Team
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
As per previous outages, I've setup the alternate chat at http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23flyert...irc.mibbit.net

See you all there!
This thread documents and discusses issues with the Chat that no longer is in use as of October 2014.

When the new Chat is implemented, we'll start a new thread to deal with specific issues pertinent to the new product.

If you have comments, questions, suggestions, etc. pertaining to the "Chat to be", please add those to the "sticky" thread announcing temporary Chat closure: NOTICE: Chat is offline temporarily
Print Wikipost

Chat Poblems [master thread: Apr 2012 - Nov 2014 version]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
It's either on all pages or this one page. If there's a consensus to put it everywhere, we could do that.
I vote yes!

It might help if there were an option (in one of the board settings pages) to disable it altogether, but I see no reason why it can't be on every page. That's how it is on Facebook and MilePoint.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
CHAT broke it seems, started having issues on Saturday. The default room doesn't show up and the user list is wacky...

(Also the page title -- for the page itself, i.e. <title>____</title> -- says "FlyerTalk Forums - FlyerTalk Awards 2012" but it has said that for I think well over a year now.)

-J.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:08 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Reported to tech -- thank you!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Fixed.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Fixed.
Thank you

Any chance we could get our flags back too? Or do we get to stay on this all-expenses-paid vacation in Questionmarkistan?

-J.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guess what day it is?!?

Chat went (down) again

-J.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 3, 2014 at 9:39 am Reason: edited for appropriateness
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

OK I'll alert tech.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK I'll alert tech.
Seems they got the memo -- thank you!

-J.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not really a big problem, but there are "ghosts" in the chat (there are chat heads with no info available, until you click on them and then they show a username even though that person isn't actually there). Right now it says there are 8 people in the chat even though I'm the only one.

-J.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Does chat not work with kindle/Android?

On kindle fire hd. Click on chat from ft drop down menu. Get some message about logging in in right hand corner of page but page is white/blank so no where to log in.

Irony -I'm rarely up late enough to do chat anymore and the one tome I want to I can't

Any input appreciated.

Cheers
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

On kindle fire hd. Click on chat from ft drop down menu. Get some message about logging in in right hand corner of page but page is white/blank so no where to log in.

Irony -I'm rarely up late enough to do chat anymore and the one tome I want to I can't

Any input appreciated.

Cheers
We saw you coming in and out a few times -- one person (for better or for worse) accesses chat from his ipad and gets disconnected somewhat regularly, but can still chat (again, for better or for worse).

-J.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Any input appreciated.

Cheers
Be sure you log into FT, THEN go to the chat page -- then you should see the chat box in the lower RH corner.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Time for the bi-annual chat problem

User list box is blank and The Lounge doesn't even show up.

UPDATE - seems to be working again!

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Sep 4, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Be sure you log into FT, THEN go to the chat page -- then you should see the chat box in the lower RH corner.
Ok, will try that next time although I thought I was already logged in.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:11 pm

I'm getting "Please activate the chat windows in the bottom right corner of the screen" but there is nothing to click or activate. Chat was working fine a week or two ago.

I had just cleared all my browsing history and cookies before the problem. Using a Chromebook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.