Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: CHAT IS OFFLINE AT THIS TIME.

Originally Posted by IBobi
The software that powers FlyerTalk Chat is no longer. While we implement a new chat platform with exciting new features, chat will be offline for several weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience.

-The FT Team
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
As per previous outages, I've setup the alternate chat at http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23flyert...irc.mibbit.net

See you all there!
This thread documents and discusses issues with the Chat that no longer is in use as of October 2014.

When the new Chat is implemented, we'll start a new thread to deal with specific issues pertinent to the new product.

If you have comments, questions, suggestions, etc. pertaining to the "Chat to be", please add those to the "sticky" thread announcing temporary Chat closure: NOTICE: Chat is offline temporarily
Print Wikipost

Chat Poblems [master thread: Apr 2012 - Nov 2014 version]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 1:44 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Chat Poblems [master thread: Apr 2012 - Nov 2014 version]

Please post issues with the new FT chat in this thread.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Using Mac/Safari, all I see is …

Please activate the chat windows in the bottom right corner of the screen below:
Rest of page is blank.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Using Cr4ap/Safari, all I see is …
Have you tried clearing your browser history and cache?.. Installing a different browser? The domain: evolve.com has to be unblocked from any cookie/script blockers. Chat works fine on Firefox 20.0 Raring i386:

Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not playing around with my system, friend. If FT can't make it work across the spectrum of major IT systems, I'm not interested.

ba.com has similar issues
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:25 am
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.

Originally Posted by T8191
Using Mac/Safari, all I see is …

Rest of page is blank.
You probably still have it set to "Off". The "On" button is on the bottom right corner.

Please let us know if you don't see it.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:28 am
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.

Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I now have some buttons in the bottom right corner. And functional … thank you.

Not that i'm likely to bother a lot, but glad it works.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I entered the new chat easily enough, but it sure doesn't get along with my bluetooth keyboard. I'm using an ipad2 with safari and an apparently fine internet wireless connection. The bluetooth keyboard seems perfectly happy for me to post on FT with no problems, but weird things happen when I type of live chat: bbbluuuuuetotttthh issss veeeerryyy uunnnnnnnnnhapppppppppppyyyy.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Is chat supposed to show prior conversations? I just logged on to it & it shows what appears to be a conversation from yesterday evening.

Cheers.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, general chat will preserve the previous conversations.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
unless a mod wipes.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:54 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, general chat will preserve the previous conversations.
.....although at last on an ipad, it's hard to control the scroll up or down to read much when you weren't reading the chat comtemporaneously.

I've also noticed that the list of who is in the chat doesn't always include everyone present and active. Moreover, I cannot see myself to check, for example, that my country flag is correct. (I think this is based on my computer's current location, so it should disclose where I am when I travel. Is there a way to mask or disable this?)
Old May 8, 2013, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.....although at last on an ipad, it's hard to control the scroll up or down to read much when you weren't reading the chat comtemporaneously.

I've also noticed that the list of who is in the chat doesn't always include everyone present and active. Moreover, I cannot see myself to check, for example, that my country flag is correct. (I think this is based on my computer's current location, so it should disclose where I am when I travel. Is there a way to mask or disable this?)
Nonce that I am aware of, and I've looked at all the functionality. We have relatively limited ability to modify the chat, as it is a 3rd-party product. Fortunately it is the one that most closely matches our needs.
Old May 8, 2013, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
When is the option to just have chat appear on any FT page (like MilePoint and Facebook) rather than having to remember to open a completely separate, useless window to join?
Old May 8, 2013, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackal
When is the option to just have chat appear on any FT page (like MilePoint and Facebook) rather than having to remember to open a completely separate, useless window to join?
It's either on all pages or this one page. If there's a consensus to put it everywhere, we could do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.