Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Farewell to LX Business Saver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Well said Tyrolean! The additional miles are/were not the main reason for me to book Business Savers but they were certainly an incentive. I am not sure if I am willing to pay for the upgrades in future and will definitely think twice... LX/LH will definitely loose some of my business next in the upcoming years. However, being currently based in Germany there are not so many alternatives for intra-european travel.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
I know people from skyteam and they got lifetime kl af platinum status really quickly.. They are all less then 40 ...
Will definitely reconsider sen status in the future
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
I know people from skyteam and they got lifetime kl af platinum status really quickly.. They are all less then 40 ...
Will definitely reconsider sen status in the future
I'm one of those. Ten years of platinum at more than 90 segements per year in most cases and now lifetime. Biggest advantage is not "having" to fly ST anymore to enjoy status. Example: number of ST flights YTD: 1 (but more coming). maybe back to ST when AF and KL have their full flat C seats.

By this benchmark, LH are doing the right thing to keep people flying LH.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:33 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
If I could get a biz saver to my most frequent european destination IST I usually booked LX for the status + HON circle miles. As both is gone now, no more reason for this. I'll take a (much cheaper+better service) TK nonstop or just the best scheduled/best priced flight in the future.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Dear Flyertalkers,

I really liked the LX Business Saver. I like to fly a bit in style. But the Status Miles were main reason to book those flights. I used them for leisure weekend trips (with wife and sometimes with the whole family).
I used them as well on business trips. The Miles and a bit of comfort were the reason to take a connecting flight instead cheap direct flights.

As now you earn a ridiculous amount of miles on these tickets I wont't use them any more. Farewell LX, it was nice.

There are so many other airlines to try out.

Status? Yes I will re-qualify with some LX savers in 2012. No milage runs though. Will decide if I will keep SEN. Those cards are overrated anyway.
+1 on all counts. SEN is now good only for the 50% companion award in my book.
I won't send a Swiss cent more to LX (and therefore LH) as of September, I cannot justify it without the miles (especially if the earnings in other FFPs follow quickly).

GBM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.