Newbie Question Zurich Senator Lounge

Old Mar 16, 12, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3, AC, SQ, BA, OZ, LX, TK
Zurich Senator Lounge

Okay, just a couple of questions. I am taking my friend to Egypt via Zurich on Swiss from London. He does not have a Schengen visa, so I do not believe he will be able to get into the Schengen zone. Will the Senator Lounge in "Dock B" be accessible to us? How different is this Senator Lounge from the primary one in the Schengen area? Are the food offerings any different?
Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 16, 12, 11:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar View Post
Okay, just a couple of questions. I am taking my friend to Egypt via Zurich on Swiss from London. He does not have a Schengen visa, so I do not believe he will be able to get into the Schengen zone. Will the Senator Lounge in "Dock B" be accessible to us? How different is this Senator Lounge from the primary one in the Schengen area? Are the food offerings any different?
Thanks for your help.
The Senator Lounge D is in non-Schengen, so your friend should be able to access the lounge without a Schengen visa. (The lounge is in D, since D is non-Schengen and B is Schengen.) As I haven't been to the Senator Lounge in A recently it's difficult to compare but the only time I went to the Senator Lounge D on a Sunday afternoon in January there was very little food.

If you are flying on LX to CAI, the flight usually departs from Dock E where there is the Panorama Lounge. Unfortunately I'm not sure about their access rules.
Old Mar 16, 12, 2:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
The Senator Lounge D is in non-Schengen, so your friend should be able to access the lounge without a Schengen visa. (The lounge is in D, since D is non-Schengen and B is Schengen.) As I haven't been to the Senator Lounge in A recently it's difficult to compare but the only time I went to the Senator Lounge D on a Sunday afternoon in January there was very little food.

If you are flying on LX to CAI, the flight usually departs from Dock E where there is the Panorama Lounge. Unfortunately I'm not sure about their access rules.
There wasn't exactly a huge amount of food in the D SEN lounge on a Friday lunchtime or a Monday afternoon.

There was a very small selection of sandwiches and salads and some "Indian Vegetable Rice" and the ever thrilling Älplermagronen on the lunchtime. For my return on LX424, there was some slightly stale cake and some fruit. i'd have done better in the B FTL lounge at FRA. There are some bad pictures at my blog

Have the D-lounge wardens taken a trappist vow of silence, btw?
Old Mar 19, 12, 10:42 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A3 Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
You can use the Panorama Lounge in Dock E if your flight departs from there. Lounge is quiete nice, good view on the runway. Food is okay, nothing special there.
Old Mar 26, 12, 3:02 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by iainbhx View Post
There wasn't exactly a huge amount of food in the D SEN lounge on a Friday lunchtime or a Monday afternoon.

There was a very small selection of sandwiches and salads and some "Indian Vegetable Rice" and the ever thrilling Älplermagronen on the lunchtime. For my return on LX424, there was some slightly stale cake and some fruit. i'd have done better in the B FTL lounge at FRA. There are some bad pictures at my blog

Have the D-lounge wardens taken a trappist vow of silence, btw?
When you compare catering and service quality of the SWISS Lounges FTL, SEN and F with LH and the catering on C and especially F you would almost think that LX is the budget airline of the LH group.
Old Mar 27, 12, 10:26 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LXA350 View Post
When you compare catering and service quality of the SWISS Lounges FTL, SEN and F with LH and the catering on C and especially F you would almost think that LX is the budget airline of the LH group.
I disagree with you regarding the catering on C and F, but the SWISS Lounges are indeed lousy compared to LH SEN and FCLs

Search this Thread
Search Engine: