Wiki Posts
Search

Pics of an aloft Suite...yes a SUITE!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Element IS different from Aloft

As stated above,
The Element I am staying at next month(Summerlin/Las Vegas)shows several types of rooms-so the hotel could upgrade an elite if they wanted to or if that was what SPG asked of them.

As an aside,the aloft near me(an hours drive)has been lowering its rates dramaticly.It started out with a $129 weekend/AAA rate(after the open)then dropped that to $99,then $79,then $71 and is now $54 on some weekend nights in December.
At $54-$71 I can live with the faults I find in Aloft-For $129 it falls into the you got to be kidding catagory.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
element has 4 room types, but does not upgrade

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
As far as I know, it's the same with the Element brand.
There are 4 room types at element.

1. The deluxe room (one single room + bath, limited kitchen) smallest space (there are 8 at the element Lexington)
2. The studio room (one single room + bath, full kitchen) medium space, only 2 bed configuration
3. The one bedroom suite (two rooms seperated by a sliding door, kitchen area + bath) about 550 sq feet (there are about 20 at the element Lexington)
4. The Conference Suite (two rooms seperated by a wall, kitchen, large bath) about 700 sq feet (there are only 3 at the element Lexington)

The T&C's are clear, element will not upgrade plats and except for two single day stays (of 14) on major events (specifically my Birthday and my promotion) that is how they have treated me.

In speaking with the design team as they were building the hotel, they said the philosophy of element was long term living, so Starwood would have difficulty offering a platinum upgrade, when they are looking at guests staying for 30, 60 or more extended stays. They were clear that we (Platinums) would need to pay for our upgrades.

-- CaptainG
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
None. Both aloft and Element-branded hotels are exempt from having to offer any complimentary upgrades based upon elite status in SPG. That was added to the Terms and Conditions of Membership in SPG before the first aloft opened.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Hmm, just ran across this. I shouldn't have made a reservation at the Element, won't make that mistake again (I can take a hint).

Now that I go back and look I see it's buried at the end of the footnote about upgrades on the website detailing elite benefits. Fair enough.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I know this thread is 4+ years old, but in the meantime I've found very few aloft and Elements with suites, so I understand why upgrades are not part of the program as they don't want to set expectations for something that can't be delivered.

I will also say that the few properties with suites have had what I consider pretty good paid rates for them. @:-)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I know this thread is 4+ years old, but in the meantime I've found very few aloft and Elements with suites
all the alofts i have stayed in in asia have suites....
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, UAL 1K, AA Exec Plat, Starwood Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
all the alofts i have stayed in in asia have suites....
I have always had a suite upgrade at the Aloft in Beijing...EVERY time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.