FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pics of an aloft Suite...yes a SUITE!
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2008, 9:49 am
CaptainG

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
element has 4 room types, but does not upgrade

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
As far as I know, it's the same with the Element brand.
There are 4 room types at element.

1. The deluxe room (one single room + bath, limited kitchen) smallest space (there are 8 at the element Lexington)
2. The studio room (one single room + bath, full kitchen) medium space, only 2 bed configuration
3. The one bedroom suite (two rooms seperated by a sliding door, kitchen area + bath) about 550 sq feet (there are about 20 at the element Lexington)
4. The Conference Suite (two rooms seperated by a wall, kitchen, large bath) about 700 sq feet (there are only 3 at the element Lexington)

The T&C's are clear, element will not upgrade plats and except for two single day stays (of 14) on major events (specifically my Birthday and my promotion) that is how they have treated me.

In speaking with the design team as they were building the hotel, they said the philosophy of element was long term living, so Starwood would have difficulty offering a platinum upgrade, when they are looking at guests staying for 30, 60 or more extended stays. They were clear that we (Platinums) would need to pay for our upgrades.

-- CaptainG