Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Is anyone else pissed that you can't get your hotel folio from the Sheraton website? This drives me nuts. I can easily find all of my receipts from Hilton and yet there's no way to do this from Sheraton. To boot, I can't get my receipts automatically sent to me. They might have a great redemption program, but you'd think they could combine some IT systems on the back end and offer both of these choices.

Does anyone else have this same complaint?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thegeneral
Does anyone else have this same complaint?
Yes, I completely agree, it would be an excellent feature -- for both Starwood and Hyatt (for me, given that's who I stay with).

Hilton is definitely superior in this particular regard.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:42 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Yes!!!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Couldn't agree more. Even the Marriott family of hotels automatically email me my final receipt, and it's a GREAT feature.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Pissed? No. Some chain had to be first to offer this, and others will recognize the utility and fall in line, eventually.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
This was brought up a couple of months ago, not sure why a new thread was started.
Hotel statement via e-mail or online...?

William has told said
Perhaps some day, but not at the moment.
Everything you want to know about status at SPG

I would love this feature to be added, It's a bit inconvenient but not the end of the earth.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Yes, I completely agree, it would be an excellent feature -- for both Starwood and Hyatt (for me, given that's who I stay with).

Hilton is definitely superior in this particular regard.
You can kinda get an online copy of it from the Hyatt now. When you check out online, you can view your receipt or have it emailed to you.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
This would be a very good option so we will no longer have to keep all the papers and fax to CS when a stay is missing. It also saves the environment.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hillrider
Couldn't agree more. Even the Marriott family of hotels automatically email me my final receipt, and it's a GREAT feature.
True, but you can't view or print a copy from the website.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 6:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

"I would love this feature to be added, It's a bit inconvenient but not the end of the earth."

I think I would prefer this to any other benefit. I would rather a smaller room if I didn't have to spend part of my day off calling the accounting department of an Atlanta Sheraton again only to be put to yet another voicemail.

I'm amazed, for a company with such high prices they do offer pretty garbage service. I've had serious complaints at a good 60% of the Sheraton hotels I've stayed in. I rarely have anything to gripe about at a Hilton...and it's a lot cheaper.

I seriously think the company needs a few heads to roll and get some new blood in there. Other than no blackout dates on reward redemption, they don't have much to offer.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by thegeneral

I'm amazed, for a company with such high prices they do offer pretty garbage service. I've had serious complaints at a good 60% of the Sheraton hotels I've stayed in. I rarely have anything to gripe about at a Hilton...and it's a lot cheaper.

I seriously think the company needs a few heads to roll and get some new blood in there. Other than no blackout dates on reward redemption, they don't have much to offer.
I agree with your desire to have online access to your receipts, but I certainly don't agree with the rest of your sentiments. I receive stellar service from SPG and the vast majority of the Starwood hotels I frequent. Almost 55 stays so far this year and counting.

Obviously YMMV, but for me Hilton isn't even in the same league for service or value. However, if I WAS getting garbage service, I would certainly move elsewhere.

SG
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I certainly expect service. I'm not sure what you call value. Most Starwood properties on the west coast can't be had for less than $200-250 per night. It's hard to justify that value to customers/shareholders when a similar Hilton is $100. Perhaps things are different in your part of the country. In terms of service, I've had everything from my online account not work countless times to reservation problems with their website to food and guest service problems.

I will end up staying there this year long enough to get gold status, but after that, I'll probably not bother unless the rate is very good. I get a more consistent experience with a lesser chain. It's sort of sad.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 5:13 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
As pointed out in the earlier thread provided by Cheap Elite, there is a way to get a hotel bill from a property without calling their accounting office directly. It involves contacting Corporate Customer Service either by phone at 800-328-6242 or by email at [email protected]. Regrettably, at the moment, this is the only solution available. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 25, 2008, 6:10 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, United/Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Pissed? No. Some chain had to be first to offer this, and others will recognize the utility and fall in line, eventually.
Hilton has been doing this for at least a couple of years. But that's a pretty minor benefit when you consider how much more generous Starwood is with points and Platinum amenities.

Can't get it online but most Starwood properties will e-mail you a pdf copy of your statement if you call the front desk...
Old Oct 19, 2008, 11:05 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I was about to post a thread on "no folio available online?" and decided to search first. It appears this is something all the Starwoodies have come to accept, so no point complaining about it (though it makes Hilton look like they're on top of things).

I do have one question though - I recently stayed at a property, managed to misplace the folio, and needed to get one submitted for an expense report. I ended up calling Starwood CS, they contacted the hotel, and the hotel faxed a copy to me. This worked well, but the hotel faxed copy didn't have a logo, address, or anything to denote that it might be halfway legitimate. Not to mention that my employer requires ORIGINAL paperwork - they wouldn't accept the faxed copy anyway.

So other than waiting for 4-6 days for a mailed "original", is there a faster way to get a folio sent to me? A PDF would be great, as it would appear to be (and is, for all intents and purposes) an original. Do all hotels have this capability, or only certain ones? Obviously I shouldn't have misplaced the folio, but I'm not the most organized on travel receipts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.