Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Quick note from my latest stay: internet is now FREE in the hotel. For anyone. Just join the network and click yes and you're in, as many devices as you can carry. And fairly speedy. I'm not sure exactly how often you have to refresh (i.e., when I come back in, sometimes I have to say yes again and sometimes not), but this is a huge improvement I'd love to see across Starwood.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by ckendall
Quick note from my latest stay: internet is now FREE in the hotel. For anyone. Just join the network and click yes and you're in, as many devices as you can carry. And fairly speedy. I'm not sure exactly how often you have to refresh (i.e., when I come back in, sometimes I have to say yes again and sometimes not), but this is a huge improvement I'd love to see across Starwood.
Actually it already has. As long as it's booked via the official SPG channels, internet is free for all SPG members.

Here's the info.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Actually it already has. As long as it's booked via the official SPG channels, internet is free for all SPG members.

Here's the info.
Not quite; internet is free for anyone at the hotel (even wandering through the lobby). No room number, no last name, no booking info.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
Any updates?

Headed to Milan next month for 5 nights - room rates between the Diana and the Palace are about the same. Does anyone who's been here recently have anything to add to the previous posts? From what I can tell, although there's no consensus, the general sense I get is that the Diana seems to be preferred over the Palace. Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:03 pm

I have stayed at both (but not recently at the Diana) and I prefer the Westin. As a hotel it works better, though it is not by any means perfect. The bar at the Diana is certainly hipper than anything at the Westin, but the street the Diana faces is not one I would want to be on.

A lot will depend on your status and when you are there; if there are events the Westin gets a bit crazy. One thing I have found at the Westin recently is that the price of much nicer rooms is something like 20 Euros a night more than the basic room and for me that's worth it to be sure I get something nice. I'll be back in May. [The price difference between an upgraded room at the Westin and the base room at the Excelsior--which is pretty generous with upgrades but still---was like 120 Euros plus; at a smaller differential I would be at the Excelsior]
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by FormerLurker
Headed to Milan next month for 5 nights - room rates between the Diana and the Palace are about the same. Does anyone who's been here recently have anything to add to the previous posts? From what I can tell, although there's no consensus, the general sense I get is that the Diana seems to be preferred over the Palace. Thanks!
May be these threads can help you also:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
Thanks to both of you - decided to go with the Palace. Junior suite for less than EUR120. Seemed like too good to pass up.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:48 pm

ahhh what a relief to stay in a nice Starwood

I'm a Starwood fan to be sure, but by the time we arrived here for 2 nights I was more than ready for the reliable service, Platinum recognition, and just the goodwill of a Western chain hotel.

We had just finished up 4 nights at a very nice property in Eze and the service was less than stellar although it is well-known for being a great property. We had to drive from there to Turin to meet a customer then finish our day with returning the car near the train station and settling in for 2 nights at the Westin Milan.

The moment we stepped in the hotel, I thought, "wow, I'm so happy to be here and the smell is so welcoming" and then I kept thinking that the rest of the time we were there. We were upgraded to a junior suite, enjoyed the full buffet breakfast as our amenity, and everyone was as friendly as could be so we felt like we were truly valued guests. A great way to end our trip and the best hotel in 3 weeks of traveling. We'll definitely stay here again if we ever go through Milan.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Recent Plat100 stay.
SNA cleared for Jr Suite, was upgraded additionally at check-in to, I believe, an Executive Suite w steam room.
Room was large and very comfortable for 1.
Chose breakfast amenity at check-in, and nice selection of breakfast foods.
Concierge was helpful, and recommended Il Tavolino for late lunch (as Da Oscar is closed on Sundays). Both restaurants very good.

I've stayed at both Westin & Sheraton Diana; and after this trip, I think I prefer the Westin Palace. Closer location to Stazione & the Hertz that I rented from, and easy walk to the centro.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by travelista
I've stayed at both Westin & Sheraton Diana; and after this trip, I think I prefer the Westin Palace. .
Time to try the Gallia next (if you can get a good price). Better breakfast and better room internals (lights/outlets/climate control etc) and even closer to the station but a bit farther from the center. I flip flop between the two but if the price is close the Gallia is worth a try.
travelista likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone comment on the difference between the Imperial and Contemporary rooms? I get that the style is different, but trying to determine if the Imperial rooms are a bit dated in decor. Any benefits for Platinums? Also, does anyone have an email address for the manager?
How long is the walk to the Duomo?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:39 pm

The only plat benefit I know of is breakfast that is quite nice and it's about a 20 minute or so walk to the Duomo.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ckendall
The only plat benefit I know of is breakfast that is quite nice and it's about a 20 minute or so walk to the Duomo.
Is there anything in the area of interest? Or is it better to stay at the Luxury Collection next to the train station to take easier day trips.

I
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:10 pm

It is a ten minute walk to the Gallia (next to the train station) so there is not much difference in location if you can walk a bit. The fashion zone (quadrilateral), Duomo and Galleria are thus ten minutes closer to the Westin (and further from the train station/Gallia). The area around the train station/Westin was largely rebuilt under Mussolini (who moved the train station more or less from near the Westin back to its current location) and is not of particular interest. There are some interesting coffee shops/restaurants behind the Westin toward Corso Buenos Aires and a bit of the old Lazzaretto (if you have read Manzoni).
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Will be at the Westin Palace Milan for 5 days at the end of next week. We will need to park car. Hotel's web site says 26.5 Euros/night. Does anyone know if there is parking nearby that is a better rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.