Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, China [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by clublounger
If I post this into an existing topic, my hotel review will be blended with all other things and no one will see it later on.

And I didn't even find if there is an existing topic available. I am just trying to post some of my hotel experience. I don't understand why someone would like to pick on a post and search for another one and says hey you are posting something that should be put into elsewhere.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
You also left the seat up. For shame!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by host2087
If I post this into an existing topic, my hotel review will be blended with all other things and no one will see it later on.

And I didn't even find if there is an existing topic available. I am just trying to post some of my hotel experience. I don't understand why someone would like to pick on a post and search for another one and says hey you are posting something that should be put into elsewhere.
I applaud your contribution to the forum by posting your experiences but as an etiquette, please post it into an existing thread if you find one. This will keep this place neat and tidy. People wanting to find information on this hotel just have to read one thread instead of multiple threads.

Moderators, please assist to merge this into master thread as mentioned by clublounger. Thank you.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
Looks nicer than many vanilla Sheraton properties in the States
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: CX Macro Polo Club
Hotel Review: Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen

oops, you are using the word "outlook" creatively. understand your enthusiasm in promoting your website but it is slightly annoying to see those "one like one support" tagline.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Yes, and imho against the new FT rules.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Can anyone who knows this property comment on options for arriving from the 4P to HKIA in time for a flight at 8.50am?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:50 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
They have an superb shuttle service available for departure ( shared basis ) but it was an executive with decent seats...

I Dont know what times are available but sure the concierge will be able to tell you...

Private car is an option as well.... Leaving shenzhen to hkia was so smooth.... Perfect service booked trough 4P

Arriving from hkia to JW Marriott with instructions from their concierge was one of the biggest hassles I have ever had in my travel life... The taxi dropped us at the wrong border crossing. No VOA there. No taxi would take us to the other crossing where VOA was available. We only had big bills. You had to take a bus for about 1-2 dollars iirc but no change available. No place to change or buy anything nearby.Comments were "bad luck for u" .... After an hour we have met somebody who gave us the the coins so we could get the bus ticket....
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Not worth it...Unless you are a Platinum...

Bumping an old thread.

This is my second time staying in this 4P as SPG Gold. My advice to others - unless you are a SPG Platinum, don't bother staying in this 4P.

Your SPG Gold is practically non-existence in this 4P, based on my 2 stays. If you are a person looking for enjoying elite benefit, then I am sorry - this 4P is not for you.

You may have a way better luck with CY Marriott Sha Tin.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:00 pm

Based on other posts in this thread, it seems this property is poor at recognising Gold status. I recently stayed at the Four Points Shenzhen as an SPG Platinum for the first time. I thought it was a great no-frills stop and very close to the HK border. As a Plat, I arrived from SZ airport after midnight and was upgraded to a very spacious Deluxe Suite in the west tower. I was surprised how huge this property was, and it was a large walk from the main lobby in the east tower to my room.

My deluxe suite was very clean and spacious but sadly only two bottles of water and no welcome note. There was also a kitchen in this suite but no cutlery, plates, bowls or cups which I found unusual and made the kitchen useless.

Breakfast in the west tower on level 23 was very quiet and a very good buffet spread, particularly Chinese breakfast items. I also enjoyed the spacious outdoor seating area.

Only issue with the service I encountered was a very slow check out — so slow that I gave up waiting in the queue and left. Ironically, this was the only busy part of the entire property; very few people at breakfast and I didn't see anyone else around the property much at all.

Overall, a great stay for the price and I enjoyed the property's quietness.

Last edited by zzap; Feb 4, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I'm going to give this property a go soon as a Platinum, so will let you know how it is.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by Isochronous
I'm going to give this property a go soon as a Platinum, so will let you know how it is.
Any update? Considering this property for a business trip during a convention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.