Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, China [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, China [Master Thread]

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050111/115834_1.html

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Four Points by Sheraton Brand Debuts in China with the Opening of Its First Hotel in Shenzhen
Tuesday January 11, 2:42 pm ET
278-Room Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen is Brand's Fifth Hotel in Asia-Pacific

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 11, 2005-- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) has opened its first mid-priced property in China with the opening of the Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen marking the debut of the Four Points by Sheraton brand in China. Developed and owned by CAFU Investment (Shenzhen) Company and managed by Starwood, the Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen is part of Phase I of "Cafu Square", a mixed-use complex consisting of residential apartments and a multi-story retail mall scheduled for completion in 2005. Phase II of Cafu Square, to be completed later this year, will introduce additional guestrooms with dedicated executive floors, a designated executive lounge and personalized check-in service.

The Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen features 278 contemporary guestrooms including 21 spacious suites. The suites are furnished with the brand's signature Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed(SM), three telephones with dual lines and high-speed Internet access. The hotel also offers an outdoor pool and a state-of-the-art fitness center.

"We are thrilled about the opening of the first Four Points by Sheraton hotel in China," said Miguel Ko, President, Starwood Asia-Pacific. "This new property will undoubtedly raise the international standard of the upper tier segment of mid-scale hotels in the southern region of China and in the immediate market of Shenzhen."

Shenzhen is situated in the southern coastal area of Guangdong province, approximately 100 miles from Guangzhou and just 20 miles from Hong Kong. As one of the first economic zones and a major industrial and export base for China, Shenzhen is commonly referred by economists as a "boomtown" and serves as the southern gateway to mainland China attracting both corporate travelers and leisure visitors with its unique theme parks, varied carnivals and activities. Other Four Points by Sheraton hotels in Asia-Pacific are found in Chung Ho, Taiwan; Geelong, Port Macquarie and Sydney in Australia.

Showcasing their creative and innovative culinary selections, Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen is set to overwhelm the senses with a comprehensive range of cuisine in its six dining and entertaining venues - Panash, Taste, China Spice, Out on Six, The Lounge and Taste Cafe & Deli. All the outlets are wireless, enabling guests to stay connected all the time.

Highlighting its unique dining concepts are "Panash", the first Pan-Asian dining concept restaurant in Shenzhen presenting a blend of authentic flavors and favorites from Japan and the Southeast Asia region of Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. Another highlight is "Taste", the international restaurant that will invigorate the senses with live cooking stations positioned throughout the restaurant and cooking theatrics, courtesy of the hotel's chefs de cuisine. The other outlets will be launched in mid-2005. Also launching in mid-2005, will be over 8,600 square feet of wireless meeting and banquet facilities with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment.

Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:52 am

I am using points for this stay. Only 2000 per night during weekend.

Lee
Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:31 pm

Programs: CO-06PLT / DL-GLD / US-GLD / SPG-PLT / AMEX-CENT
I have 19 nights at the 4P SZ this year so far. its a new propery. Great rooms, make sure to request room WITHOUT connecting doors as they are very thin and you can easily hear the TV and phone conversations. Restaurants and Breakfast are fantastic. I have stayed at the Shag-ra-la and Censory Plaza. If you want to be closer to shopping these hotels can be more convienient but tend to have a lot of Riff-Raff in and around the hotel, disturing phone calls in the midlle of the night etc..

The 4P was ver refreshing, clean, easy to communicate with, etc..

Highly recommended though further away from easily walkable shopping districts etc..
Old Jun 12, 2005, 5:43 pm
SST

Airborne: So, how far away from the main train station, HKG entry point and shopping area IS the 4 Pts'? 10 blocks, or 3 miles? Is the walk OK with a rollaboard?
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:54 am

The 4P is about 1 mile as the crow flies from Huang Gong which is the primary border crossing for all vehicles traveling across the Hong Kong border.

Coming in from the Airport it is very easy to take a bus to Huang Gong, then grab a taxi to 4P, just make sure to have a copy of the hotel address in English and Chinese. The 4P is one of the taller buildings in the area so you could also just point to it.

If your question is about the train station which is called Lo Wu station, this is about 20+ minutes away by car. Although there is some shopping in the 4P area (1-2 miles away) it is more high-end local than tourista.

All the employees I ran into at the 4P spoke very good English and were exceptionally professional. The 4P can arrange for a car to pick you up from the HKG airport. Cost would be about 1400 HKG / $180 USD. (Bus Ticket is about 180HKD +30HKD for the Taxi) If this is the first time to come across the border on your own, it might be advisable to go with the hired car because it would save you at least 90 minutes in total transit and a lot of piece of mind. If you are feeling more bold, then it’s not a big deal and will be a good learning experience.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:07 am
SST

Was thinking more in terms of coming up to Shenzen for a night on the HK rail connection, which I've used before, when I next visit HKG. I've always made Shenzen a daytrip and gone back to HK before; if the 4 pts was reasonably close to shopping, I might stay overnight in order to get yet another of the coveted 25 stays to maintain platinum. My thought was if it was within walking distance of Lo Wu, make an overnight of it.

Thanks for the info!
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:19 am

They are supposed to finish a huge brand new rail station next to Huang Gong sometime in late 2006. So in the future this area I’m sure will grow considerably and the 4P will be a very convenient stop by rail. Until then, it’s a tough location to easily get to. I use it as a base of operations as I spend most of my time further inland, but because of the food, clean rooms, English speaking staff, and clean water. I choose to commute 40minutes each morning and stay @ the 4P.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 12:25 am

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen

My wife and I will be staying at the Four Points by Sheraton in Shenzhen, P.R. China. This will be our first stay at this property. I will be using Starpoints for our stay. I am SPG Gold. Any chance of upgrade? All comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

alextktan
Old Aug 1, 2005, 5:07 pm

I stay at this hotel using spg point on 7/16/05. I did not upgrade, but the hotel is very nice with 2000 points. It is not inside the city, but you can get taxi around the area. If you want to save money, you can take the subway and take the taxi fare about $12(RMB). It has a very nice view and the hotel just open last December. The pool will be open in September, they still building part of the hotel, so you will expect to hear some noise. It is not very loud.

I would stay there again.

Lee
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:29 pm

The property only has 18 suites. 4P’s seems to have pretty reasonable prices for them about (120-140USD) so according to the front desk manager most of the time they stay full simply by the nature of the ‘value’ they represent to their paying customer base.

As a SPG Plat, of the 30+ nights at this property in 2005, I have only spent 6 in a suite, 20 or so in a superior room (corner position with more room). The rest in a standard room. The hotel is still in a construction phase and has 2 complete floors of guest rooms they hope to open in Q4 along with health club, pool, etc…

It’s a great hotel. But being gold I would say your chances are 0% for a suite. Again according to the Mgr, they have between 10-15 plats rotating in / out on any given day. Match this with the high sales rate of the suites, I count myself fortunate I got the 6 nights I have so far.

No sure when you are coming, but i will be there through 8/5. PM me if you are coming and we can have a drink.

Last edited by Airbornecic; Aug 3, 2005 at 9:31 pm
Old Sep 13, 2006, 11:45 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Any recent information on this property?
Old Sep 14, 2006, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Any recent information on this property?
I've stayed there a few times since my first visit, and as Platinum, I have ALWAYS been upgraded to a suite. They also gave me one complimentary buffet breakfast in the restaurant.

Note on minibar: This hotel probably has the cheapest in-room minibar prices anywhere! Soft drinks (coke, sprite, etc.) are RMB 8.00/can. Drink like crazy! Note that, if you order a can of coke via room service, it will cost RMB 30.00/can. However, you can just call housekeeping to replenish your minibar, and then pull from the minibar. Then, it's still RMB 8.00. Strange.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 4:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, Starwood Platinum
Great remodel at 4 Points Shenzhen China

Just returned from Shenzen. I spent 4 nights at the Four Points Sheraton. This was my second stay, the first was in Dec 2005. Both times the hotel staff has been extremely helpful and have gone out of their way to make my time in China as easy and trouble free as possible.

The hotel has finished remodeling and has a spa, swimming pool, health club and additional dining options.

Both times I have stayed, my plat. status was noted and I was ugraded to
a suite.

Anyone going to Shenzhen should really give this hotel some consideration.
I know that Starwood is opening another property in the next few weeks in this area. If you happen to stay at the new property I'd be interested to see how you liked it.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 10:27 pm

Was informed by the property recently that as of June 1, they will no longer provide breakfast to Platinum members. However, since I was a repeat customer, they gave me a courtesy one last breakfast for this stay.

The logic is that they recently opened the west wing and in the original plans the executive lounge would be located there. But a business decision was made to eliminate the lounge . . . so therefore, if there is no lounge, no breakfast should be provided to the platinum members.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Shenzhen - Four Points by Sheraton

This hotel has strange song selection. They play Ricky Ashley songs, I have no idea what kind people they are trying to appeal.

But the hotel is good except location is quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.