Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Feature: Ratings and Reviews on spg.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:20 am

I just wrote two reviews, one is positive, one is negative. Let us see if they get published....
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: Free Agent
I last stayed at the London Sheraton Park Lane two years ago. As the review will be confirmed using a reservation number, is it too late to write a scathing review? And no, I'm not going to book a stay just so I can tell people to stay (actually, run) away '

In the end, I think this could be a real good thing for SPG. They'll have direct feedback on which properties adhere to corporate policies (i.e. upgrades), which will in theory, let them rectify issues if enough complaints pop up.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:57 am

I like this feature. Easy to use. And because it's not anonymous like some online postings - FT? - I expect there the reviews will be quite accurate. or at least a tad less exaggerated, perhaps?

My guess is results will be shared with properties, with a view to *wood insisting on improvement if they are falling short, or being rewarded if they are exceeding expectations. All in all should be good for us, the customer.

Just posted my first review on a property I've stayed at dozens of times.

Cheers,
Old Oct 23, 2011, 7:14 am

is it just me or does everyone else also do not want to be the first person to post a negative review for a property?
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:47 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by Condition One
I last stayed at the London Sheraton Park Lane two years ago. As the review will be confirmed using a reservation number, is it too late to write a scathing review? And no, I'm not going to book a stay just so I can tell people to stay (actually, run) away '

In the end, I think this could be a real good thing for SPG. They'll have direct feedback on which properties adhere to corporate policies (i.e. upgrades), which will in theory, let them rectify issues if enough complaints pop up.
It says you have to have stayed within the last 18 months.

Go ahead, take one for the team!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
I am now wondering where to post comments on Starwood hotels. Just before hearing about Starwood reviews, I posted a review of The Mystique in Santorini to TripAdvisor. I suppose I could have posted it here in FT but I really had nothing special to say on the subject of upgrades (I got a one category upgrade, although better was available) or points (I happened to stay over a Sunday night so I fell into the current promotion). My main message was that, although the Mystique has wonderful views and marvelous staff, the guest has to be ready to face the equivalent of about five flights of steep stone and concrete stairs before even reaching the hotel from the main road. I also mentioned that accommodation is really more minimalist than luxurious, despite being an expensive Luxury Collection hotel. Does anyone have any idea as to where the best place to post might be? Or would it be legitimate to post the same text to several sites in an attempt to be useful to more people?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
They also won't post a review of a property until there are at least 5 reviews of a property, so this may take some time for some locations.
Yeah, this may be a problem. I just posted a nice review for the Le Meridien Ra Beach which only a few Flyertalkers seem to have stayed at. Each time I have stayed there, I hear very few people speaking English. It's mostly Spanish and French speaking guests from what I can tell. So it could be a very long time before it is seen on the site.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:27 am
tyn

Originally Posted by Moriens
How many stays until a hotel starts nagging regular guests for reviews, and preferentially upgrading the guests who leave positive reviews?

(Here are the T&Cs and guidelines for reviews.)
Isn't that already happening with the post stay survey
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Flews
My guess is results will be shared with properties, with a view to *wood insisting on improvement if they are falling short, or being rewarded if they are exceeding expectations. All in all should be good for us, the customer.
My fear is they will be punished (swiftly) if exceeding the standards. Look at what happened to Marriotts that had lounges open weekends/plat and gold bfast coupons...they got PUNISHED!

Now, if SPG will just start giving free breakfast.......
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ajnaro
I am now wondering where to post comments on Starwood hotels. Just before hearing about Starwood reviews, I posted a review of The Mystique in Santorini to TripAdvisor. I suppose I could have posted it here in FT but I really had nothing special to say on the subject of upgrades (I got a one category upgrade, although better was available) or points (I happened to stay over a Sunday night so I fell into the current promotion). My main message was that, although the Mystique has wonderful views and marvelous staff, the guest has to be ready to face the equivalent of about five flights of steep stone and concrete stairs before even reaching the hotel from the main road. I also mentioned that accommodation is really more minimalist than luxurious, despite being an expensive Luxury Collection hotel. Does anyone have any idea as to where the best place to post might be? Or would it be legitimate to post the same text to several sites in an attempt to be useful to more people?
Nothing wrong with posting the same review at FT, TA and the new Starwood site. You're being potentially helpful to more folks that way.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Question Maybe this has been suggested?

Perhaps this has been suggested and I missed it, but why don't we 'team' up to get 5 reviews at certain properties (of course, being honest about our stays positive or negative) this way we can consolidate our reviews to make them worthwhile, as they are useless if they are never published -- I assume this will only be popular properties, however it may also give a nudge to those who do not upgrade Plats without a fight...maybe people can share which hotels they have reviewed so other can pile on to reach 5?

This morning I reviewed Pulitzer Amsterdam (positive) and Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort (neutral). More mainstream hotels to come...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Maybe they should get the kinks out first...

...before asking for suggestions and reviews.
I wrote an extensive review of the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood FLA, and i keep getting an error message that I used inappropriate language.
3 re-checks and nary a bad word to be found...so this makes no sense.
Could it be my negative review was inappropriate?????
I spent 10 minutes writing an in-depth response and now it wont accept it.
Pathetic....
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Just so you know I cut and pasted my review that it wont allow to post...

Many people praise this hotel if they are PLAT as they have allot of suites so your chances of an upgrade are excellent, on that front it was fine we received a corner suite.
What I didn't like about the hotel was the location and a maintenance issue that took 2 days to resolve itself.
The location problem is that it is located in what I can only describe as a condo jungle.
Its nothing but huge condo buildings and not much else. Not even restaurants or a place to go for a walk. So if you want to go eat you have to drive, and usually 10+ minutes to find half decent places on US1.
Also, these huge buildings blocked out allot of the sun for a good portion of the day.
If you happen to get the north building you will hear not the waves crashing below but the incredibly loud a/c unit of the building next door.
Plus beach access is out through the South building so its a hike just to get to the pool. Also if there is an event (wedding in our case) you are prevented from direct access to the beach due to the ceremony area being dead centre to the beach access.
Finally the brekkie in the lounge is fine but the hors d'oevres in the evening aren't much, and its like feeding time at the zoo, at 5:30 PM when it opens.
Get there say at 6:30, its very picked over and the staff told us they wont replenish it.
Finally there is a flaw in the controllers (thermostat) for the a/c units.
We had an issue with our unit only allowed to be in the AUTO setting, putting the fan to low or high just didn't work.
So all night the a/c went off and on as the room reached temp, thus the room temp and activation occurred through out the night, meaning a lousy nights sleep.
I called the front desk, they said maintenance would fix the issue.
Back to the room at night and the problem seemed fixed.
Accept as soon as we turned the temp down at night it happened again (we didn't discover this until about 2:30 AM).
So I called to speak to someone in service and they then talked to someone in maintenance, they told us that when they fixed the unit the first night he should have told us that it wasn't totally fixed, that when you changes the temp settings you needed to reset all other settings as well.
A note explaining this would have prevented a second crappy night sleep.
With this knowledge in hand we slept well on the third night.
Upon check out I mentioned this to the CSA and the only response was we will have maintenance look at it again.
Anyways my expectations for Cat 5 hotel were not met.
The room was very nice, but if you go as a PLAT insist on the South building as you may be able to hear the waves there.

So as you can see I made an effort to write a detailed response....can anyone see anything constituting inappropriate language in this post??
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Nothing wrong with posting the same review at FT, TA and the new Starwood site. You're being potentially helpful to more folks that way.
That is exactly what I had in mind. I am very curious to see whether or not the hotel and / or SPG will follow-up on reviews.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:29 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Homer:

I don't see any foul language, maybe the length is too long? I do see a ton of typos -- I know we don't usually comment on those, but when I'm reading a review, I do tend to put more weight behind ones that have correct spelling and grammar, so perhaps when you can get this review posted, you'll revisit that?

OOME

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.