FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Feature: Ratings and Reviews on spg.com
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:03 am
HomerJ

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Just so you know I cut and pasted my review that it wont allow to post...

Many people praise this hotel if they are PLAT as they have allot of suites so your chances of an upgrade are excellent, on that front it was fine we received a corner suite.
What I didn't like about the hotel was the location and a maintenance issue that took 2 days to resolve itself.
The location problem is that it is located in what I can only describe as a condo jungle.
Its nothing but huge condo buildings and not much else. Not even restaurants or a place to go for a walk. So if you want to go eat you have to drive, and usually 10+ minutes to find half decent places on US1.
Also, these huge buildings blocked out allot of the sun for a good portion of the day.
If you happen to get the north building you will hear not the waves crashing below but the incredibly loud a/c unit of the building next door.
Plus beach access is out through the South building so its a hike just to get to the pool. Also if there is an event (wedding in our case) you are prevented from direct access to the beach due to the ceremony area being dead centre to the beach access.
Finally the brekkie in the lounge is fine but the hors d'oevres in the evening aren't much, and its like feeding time at the zoo, at 5:30 PM when it opens.
Get there say at 6:30, its very picked over and the staff told us they wont replenish it.
Finally there is a flaw in the controllers (thermostat) for the a/c units.
We had an issue with our unit only allowed to be in the AUTO setting, putting the fan to low or high just didn't work.
So all night the a/c went off and on as the room reached temp, thus the room temp and activation occurred through out the night, meaning a lousy nights sleep.
I called the front desk, they said maintenance would fix the issue.
Back to the room at night and the problem seemed fixed.
Accept as soon as we turned the temp down at night it happened again (we didn't discover this until about 2:30 AM).
So I called to speak to someone in service and they then talked to someone in maintenance, they told us that when they fixed the unit the first night he should have told us that it wasn't totally fixed, that when you changes the temp settings you needed to reset all other settings as well.
A note explaining this would have prevented a second crappy night sleep.
With this knowledge in hand we slept well on the third night.
Upon check out I mentioned this to the CSA and the only response was we will have maintenance look at it again.
Anyways my expectations for Cat 5 hotel were not met.
The room was very nice, but if you go as a PLAT insist on the South building as you may be able to hear the waves there.

So as you can see I made an effort to write a detailed response....can anyone see anything constituting inappropriate language in this post??