Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
But they are quite bad to Plats compared to days gone by.
That's true, I stayed there aprox 20 times as a platinum with an aprox 35% Suite upgrade rate. But now where most suites not standart suites anymore, and ABF is no plat. benefit anymore and next door WESTIN is mostly only 10 to 15 $ more, my choice are other *Wood propert.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Used to stay at this property, but decided that I can stay at better hotels for slightly more.

They may have decided to go with more group bookings. I remember seeing student/sports groups staying there.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I only stay here when I arrive in BKK or am departing and wont have more than a couple of days stay but will accumulate my stay and nights credit. Pricing its usually 200 - 300 Baht more than the Aloft which also doesn't provide much in the way of benefits.

I generally prefer the Aloft but sometimes its good to be closer to Terminal 21. It provides a low cost option for SPG and as such has some value for the brand but for the bulk of my stays Im at one of the other properties.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:23 pm

I'm of a different mind from others; I actually like this hotel. I find the rooms bright and cheerful. As compared to the Westin which upgraded me to a dark dank musty old suite reminiscent of the old Sheraton Singapore rooms (those who've stayed there will know what I mean).

It's usually the second cheapest option in BKK, the cheapest being Aloft. But Aloft is a lot further away from the BTS, and I don't like waiting for the tuktuk. Here I can nip in to Terminal 21, buy food and bring it back to my room in the 4 Pts without it getting cold.

I've only stayed in premium comfort rooms and suites so I really don't know how small the rooms can be, but those I stayed in were plenty big.

I like the staff, they're cheerful and remember you.

OK, I don't drink (much) so happy hour or the lack thereof isn't a big deal to me. The popcorn in the lobby is usually good enough for me.

Breakfast vs 250 points? I must admit I didn't realise that they weren't providing BF until I read this thread. But it's only a 250 points amenity anyway. Very good value for BF for up to two pax. Same thing happens in Ws and some LCs too so I guess I've become a bit inured to it. Anyway the last time I was in the Westin BF was still served in the lounge and there was no option for BF in the main restaurant so that already was a -1 for me - it looked really poor - though I read that plats now get it in the main restaurant as well.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I've never stayed here but had early evening drinks at the rooftop bar/pool, a few times. I love it, -- perfect setting and great staff. But for economy stays, it's Aloft for me.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by bertheike
But now where most suites not standart suites anymore, and ABF is no plat. benefit anymore and next door WESTIN is mostly only 10 to 15 $ more, my choice are other *Wood propert.
I stayed here one night last week and received free breakfast as my plat benefit. The room upgrade was from a comfort deluxe to a comfort premium, and the only thing different was the bathroom of the premium room is larger.

There are two sizes of king comfort deluxe rooms, 344 or 366 sq ft. The difference may not sound like much but once I was put in the smallest room type and it was just too small so I requested a change. The additional 22 sq. ft. made a noticeable difference. Regardless, this is a 3.5* property IMO so I rarely stay here given the dozens of better hotels.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:15 am

Does this hotel value repeat guests?

I was just browsing at my SPG account and have counted more than 35 stays at this property since 2011. I am not complaining about only a few Suite upgrades I received (less than 5 times), but isn't usually a hotel more proactive about recognizing their loyal customers? I have read other Bangkok SPG properties that reward their loyal guests with special F&B amenities, discounts at F&B, etc. On my 5th and subsequent stays at Westin Bali, I've always received a beautiful cake with 'Lifetime Gold' written on it.

I wonder why this hotel has yet to do something to recognize my loyalty. Maybe it'll happen on my 50th? Or maybe they just don't care?

This hotel's Platinum benefits have been reduced quite a lot from what I gathered. On my last stay last week, I noticed they now only provide 2 towels instead of 3.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I don't think the current GM really considers loyalty as something to be rewarded or encouraged. I suspect their occupancy is high enough that it doesn't matter.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I agree with your first point, but not the second.

I think they are hurting and will hurt more as time goes on. They cannot compete at the low end of the market, esp. with a HIX opening up nearby soon (across from the Aloft) that offers free bf. Too bad that once loyalty is lost it will take time to rebuild it, if they ever try to (which I think they will, eventually).
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:50 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I stayed here last weekend and have to report that I had another great stay. Chose breakfast on check in. Was given 4 pm checkout without even being asked.

Room was great. Location was great. Cash and points was great.

Happy to stay here, everytime, reduced benefits and all....
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:18 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
I stayed here last weekend and have to report that I had another great stay. Chose breakfast on check in. Was given 4 pm checkout without even being asked.

Room was great. Location was great. Cash and points was great.

Happy to stay here, everytime, reduced benefits and all....
Great plug ... sounds to me like this thread is being monitored!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:02 pm

So do you think they've taken Sean on as a 'spokesmodel' ?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
4P is a place to stay when you are not looking for an experience. Adequate would pretty much describe it. There are lots of options that are not much more expensive that provide real wow and in many respects better value. For 500 - 600 baht a night I can usually find a room at one of the more illustrious cousins, get free snacks and drinks, good upgrades and better points amenities. While 4Ps meets the basics it doesn't deliver anything exceptional.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geminidreams
4P is a place to stay when you are not looking for an experience.
Both the Four Points and the aLoft on S11 provide good value reliable stays in Bangkok. If you are looking for an experience there are many many luxury hotels and of course the price is somewhat different- I tend to be quite happy at the aLoft or the Four Points for a one night stay or short business trip when I am typically at the office anyway- for longer trips or when I am for example visiting with MRS. Travelsig then we choose one of the many options in Bangkok that is a touch more luxurious- then again prices can easily be double if not much more.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
To be fair, though - are there any 4P out there that give a meaning to the word "experience" (in the positive sense)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.