Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian SPG American Express

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by pokee
Does anyone have any updates on Marriott buying out Starwood?
No.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:52 pm

Does anyone have any updates on Marriott buying out Starwood? My year is almost up and I am not sure if I should renew and pay the AF if the card will be phased out of Amex's lineup....
I just cancelled mine stating the demise of the SPG card within the next year as the reason. I was not corrected by the Amex CS staff.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by prmetime
I was not corrected by the Amex CS staff.
You could tell them the moon is made of cheese and they wouldn't correct you either. It's not like they have any idea what's going to happen.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You could tell them the moon is made of cheese and they wouldn't correct you either. It's not like they have any idea what's going to happen.
True. I do however, now have an opportunity to get my family some referral points if not to collect the bonus once again.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:11 pm

My year is almost up and I am not sure if I should renew and pay the AF if the card will be phased out of Amex's lineup....
Do not worry. They will refund the membership fee in case cancelled later.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Wait, the moon's not made of cheese?

Cheers,
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:30 pm

If the card does go away, it won't be this calendar year.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If I have a Canadian SimplyCash Amex (previously Canadian Costco Amex), can I refer myself for a Canadian SPG Amex? What's the best I can get?

Have US SPG Amex but I would imagine referrals don't work that way.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
If I have a Canadian SimplyCash Amex (previously Canadian Costco Amex), can I refer myself for a Canadian SPG Amex? What's the best I can get?

Have US SPG Amex but I would imagine referrals don't work that way.
Sadly I don't believe cross-family-referral works (i.e. no referral bonus for yourself). don't think USA->Canada referral works either

so sign up via either GCR.ca ($30 cashback) or someone's link (family/friend/FT)
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan Distinction
I have both the SPG Personal and SPG Bus card and I called in to cancel my Bus Card one. They gave me 25,000 points as a bonus for staying on. I have about 110k spend on my personal one and about 65k on my bus one. I've had them for about 2 years.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:46 am

Cancelling SPG cdn personal card -- prorated fee refund?

If one cancels the SPG personal card say three months after the fee was assessed, does one get approximately a quarter of the annual fee refunded on request. In my case fee recently assessed , trying to decide whether the card is worth keeping for me. I currently value the points at under two cents, perhaps a cent and a half, but I could reassess higher or lower.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:49 am

Refer a friend -- from SPG personal can one still refer SPG

Business. If so, what is the navigation to get there, as I no longer see it.

Thank you

If not, does anyone know where my friend can get a referral for a SPG business card?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
we still see the old referral page. I sent you a referral if you have problems with it from your own.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Jared Ito
Business. If so, what is the navigation to get there, as I no longer see it.

Thank you

If not, does anyone know where my friend can get a referral for a SPG business card?
You don't need a NEW referral page anyway, since your friend can sign up for EITHER SPG Personal or BUSINESS via the NEW link anyway

Just generate a link and send to him/her
Old Apr 23, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: SPG, SPG Amex, Aeroplan, etc
Hi All, longtime board reader / my first-time posting... A couple of questions, is there a consensus on which is the best tel# to call re AF renewal bonus?? And is it best to call before or after the AF posts to your card?

My first year ends May 6th and I'm hoping for a lot of points : ) I have $18+K spend plus I've made SPG Gold on my own the past few years without the card.

Just wondering my best strategy to proceed.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.