Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best and Worst Sheratons

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Was considering staying here but started to read the "reviews" on the hotel web site. I've never come across such negative comments of any Starwood property, and these are not on TripAdvisor but on the hotel's own site! Was considering staying there for a night before going out to the airport, but these comments have certainly turned me off. How can Sheraton put its name on such a property? I realize that for a time it was one of THE western hotels in the city, but that was in the early 2000s when China was just opening up. It appears the hotel has not been upgraded since those better days.

Has anyone actually stayed there (very similar poor reports on the Beijing hotels thread here) that thinks this place is getting a bum rap?
stayed here a few times when I need to go to airport the next day. The rooms are aged. However it is closer to the airport and cheaper than most hotels.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:41 am

Djibouti

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
Funny. I stayed there this summer on a vacation to East Africa. Got the strangest freebie ever: in my room upon arrival was a tray with full-sized, unopened bottles of gin, vodka, and whisky, along with a half-dozen cans of various sodas, and in the small, non-minibar fridge were another half dozen. There may also have been a fruit plate.

I wanted to give the alcohol to the soldiers in the lobby, but they (and I) might have thought it weird for a stranger in a strange land to be offering them stuff. I didn't see any from the US (maybe they are under orders not to hang out there in uniform) - it would have felt less as a fellow national.

My major issue with the Sheraton Djibouti was that it is Djibouti, which offers remarkably little to a tourist; fortunately I suspected as much and only was there for barely 24 hours.
I stayed on the fifth floor in Djibouti as an upgraded Gold. Everything was perfect. Congrats to the team and in particular the management. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the city and am renewing my Gold just in case I go back.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some have deflagged in past couple quarters, not sure if deflags can include properties reflagging to other brands?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Despite this being one of those pointlessly revived threads, I'll jump in...

Worst:
- Sheraton Barra, Rio de Janeiro
- Sheraton Philadelphia (pre-reno)
- Sheraton Great Wall Beijing (closing)
- Sheraton Santa Maria de El Paular (closed)

Best:
- Sheraton Edinburgh (now Sheraton Grand)
- Sheraton Hiroshima (now Sheraton Grand)
- Sheraton Lisbon
- Sheraton Porto
- Sheraton Reserva do Paiva, Recife, Brazil
Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Spent last night at the Four Points Tampa Westshore...the old Sheraton Suites.....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!. The night auditor who checked me in even admitted that mgt is really letting this place go. I got to my room and wanted to walk back out but since it was 1am I couldn't. The outside and the lobby area looks fine but the rooms were falling apart........
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Spent last night at the Four Points Tampa Westshore...the old Sheraton Suites.....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!. The night auditor who checked me in even admitted that mgt is really letting this place go. I got to my room and wanted to walk back out but since it was 1am I couldn't. The outside and the lobby area looks fine but the rooms were falling apart........
That's disappointing to hear. I was there two years ago when it was still a Sheraton and the rooms were fine, if not spectacular.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Worst:
Four Points of Sheraton New Delhi Airport Highway – seriously, it is bad

Acceptable:
Sheraton Taipei (room was just okay, service was bad)
Sheraton Miyako Osaka (room was decent, service was bad, but I have been fairly compensated for the issue with points)

Good:
Sheraton Hsinchu (rooms were very nice, location so-so however)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.