Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

www.spg.com/freeweekends

/mod
Thanks to njupintheair for finding this sweetener: 1K Delta or NW miles per stay at 300 of the 875 Starwood properties in addition to spg points:
https://www.spgpromos.com/weekends/a...KEND_PROMOTION

Miles will post to the member's airline account 3–4 weeks after July 31, 2009.

Added info:
As of June 6, you can find how many nights you've earned at https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...rds/index.html They cannot be booked online.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 6, 2009 at 6:40 pm Reason: Help people find the DL/NW promo
Old Apr 13, 2009, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Thanks for the heads-up.

From the website... Text "WEEKENDS" to 95495 to receive a reminder to register when the registration page is live.

dh
Old Apr 13, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
This works amazingly well for me as the nights can be used at category 6 hotels. This will save me a lot of points and get me to Platinum by the end of the summer.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
This is a very rich promotion, one free weekend night for every two stays.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:13 am

Free Weekends T&C: May 1 thru July 31 2009

www.spg.com/freeweekends

Terms and Conditions:

Member must register online at SPG.com/freeweekends by July 31, 2009, Midnight EDT. Member can earn one (1) Free Weekend Night Award with every two (2) eligible stays between May 1, 2009, and July 31, 2009.

An earned Free Weekend Night Award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Starwood Preferred Guest® Category 1–6 properties for one Friday, Saturday or Sunday night between May 8, 2009, and September 27, 2009.

There are no limits to how many Free Weekend Night Awards can be earned and they may be used on consecutive weekend nights for one single or double occupancy standard room only, including the cost of the hotel room and room tax. Awards are not transferrable and may not be given as a gift.

An eligible stay to earn award is defined as one or more consecutive nights within the earning dates at any of the more than 890 participating Starwood Preferred Guest properties, paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. SPG® participating properties and a description of qualifying rates can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions.

Each Free Weekend Night Award must be redeemed by calling the Customer Call Center and mentioning award ID 9FWFN. Free Weekend Night Awards will be credited to the member's account within 3–5 days of every second stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and is not available to groups or Starwood employees. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.

To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries to access our privacy information line. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. © 2009 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.

Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:18 am

Use of the Free Night Awards

A Free Weekend Night Award is redeemable for a single or double occupancy standard room for Friday, Saturday or Sunday night at more than 875 Category 1–6 participating SPG hotels or resorts. A list of Starwood hotels that do not participate in SPG can be found in section 5.1 of the SPG Terms and Conditions at SPG.com/T&C. There are no blackout dates or capacity controls, but stays are subject to room availability. Free Weekend Night Awards cannot be used at the following Category 7 properties:

* The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Nayarit, Mexico
* Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort, Key West, Florida, USA
* The St. Regis New York, New York, USA
* Santa Marina Resort & Villas, Mykonos, Greece
* Mystique, Santorini, Greece
* Hotel Cala di Volpe, Costa Smeralda, Porto Cervo, Italy
* Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort, Porto Cervo, Italy
* Hotel Pitrizza, Costa Smeralda, Porto Cervo, Italy
* Hotel Romazzino, Costa Smeralda, Porto Cervo, Italy
* Hotel Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy
* The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain
* The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia
* Le Méridien Bora Bora, French Polynesia
* The St. Regis Bali Resort, Indonesia
* W Retreat & Spa — Maldives

Additionally, four category 4 through 6 properties, The Resort at Singer Island, Pine Cliff Residences, Sheraton Vistana Villages International Drive, and Sheraton Vistana Resort Lake Buena Vista, are all-suite properties and do not have standard rooms; therefore, a Free Weekend Night Award cannot be redeemed at these locations.

Is a Free Weekend Night Award valid for existing reservations?
Free Weekend Night Awards may not be automatically used in place of an existing paid or other award reservation. Members may cancel an existing reservation and attempt to rebook the same stay in order to use a Free Weekend Night Award, but they risk losing availability, and cancellation fees could apply.

I have an existing reservation. Can that count toward earning a Free Weekend Night Award?
Yes, as long as the member is registered for the promotion, the rate is a Starpoints eligible room rate during the promotion earning dates, and the stay posts to the member's account prior to the promotion ending.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:30 am

time to start booking those single-night stays...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:34 am

a post on free weekends this morning maybe the Q2 promo:

www.spg.com/freeweekends
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:44 am

Programs: * A
thanks myperks, it does look pretty decent. I was hoping for a "double night/stay" promotion myself w/ zero business travel this year. Very nice promo for frequent traveleres IMHO, technically at least 2 weekend nights per week for my matress running days. Thanks SPG!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Originally Posted by myperks
time to start booking those single-night stays...
You bet, I will.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:55 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
God, I hope that's not the promo :O

Text "WEEKENDS" to 95495 to receive a reminder to register when the registration page is live.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
WOW!

Category 6!!!!

Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
That's a great promo for those that can actually use the weekend nights. I do sales and promotions and usually work on weekends. I'm not complaining. This is one heck of a promotion.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: GGL
Great promo, will certainly get me book more than I was planning so far!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:38 am

what a GREAT promo. LOL time for me to book single stays!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.