Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi, UAE [Master Thread] (LEFT SPG EFFECTIVE 4th May 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi, UAE [Master Thread] (LEFT SPG EFFECTIVE 4th May 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2006, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Arrow Sheraton Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi, UAE [Master Thread] (LEFT SPG EFFECTIVE 4th May 2012)

Hi

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?

I'm looking for a reasonably good priced and decent SPG hotel and this seems to fit the bill especiall for 3,000 SPG starpoints a night.

Can't find any reviews/comments about this hotel on FT or the web.

This is the link to the hotel Sheraton Khalidiya

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Jul 9, 2006 at 1:31 pm Reason: added location
Old Jul 9, 2006, 7:17 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
MaxFlyer,

the hotel is currently undergoing a bit of a refurb, like most hotels in Abu Dhabi, however having not stayed there but having visited a number of times, the hotel is in a good location, the rooms looked nice and the service was quite good.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the info bravoecho
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: GF Black
Arrow Sheraton Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi, UAE [Master Thread]

Hello there. Visited this hotel in last week of November. You can view my report of it at

http://lunardream.net/2010/12/27/sheraton-khalidiya/
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays at the Sheraton Khalidiya?

How do they treat plats there?

Considering it for a 3-night stay during a weekend in July It's way cheaper than the other SPG options in Abu Dhabi!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC*E, Etihad Gold, SPG Plat, Emirates Silver
Just got back from a stay there. Stayed there over 50 nights last year (hence the plat status).

It is a very good business hotel which is centrally located and well priced. Staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful. Free valet parking. Rooms are well appointed.

As a SPG Plat I have been upgraded 100% of the time (quite often as a Gold as well). Probably about 50/50 between Junior & Executive suites.

Downside is that the area that it is in is very busy with lots of traffic. Limited outlets within the hotel. The gym facilities are pretty minimal.

I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a centrally located, well priced hotel that treats plats well.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:38 am

Nice hotel

I am currently staying at this hotel, got a great rate of 206 Dirhams per night, which is like 45 USD or something. Very cheap!

The hotel was very quick to reply to e-mails, etc before my arrival. Everything looked great before I arrived.

Arrived to the hotel yesterday - not like the smooth arrival I had some days before at the Grosvenor House. I had to wait quite some time before someone came out to help me with my luggage (4 pieces). Bell boy came out and took my luggage.

The hotel have a quirky outlay, the lobby is somehow splitted between Ground Floor and First Floor (and which between them there is the Mezzanine Floor). Took the elevator up to the quirky reception on the First Floor, and was greeted by a somewhat shy young girl.

Was told I was upgraded to an Executive Suite (the largest in the house) on the 8th floor.

Got to my suite - it is very nice actually. It feels little bit like some pre-renovation US Sheraton - US style bathroom, full kitchen, etc. They have done a very shallow renovation - new painting, furniture, etc. But the bathroom, floor tiles in the living room, etc is very old. But I am very happy with the suite! It is quite large, dining area, TV area with couch and chairs, desk and the kitchen with oven, micro, fridge, etc.

The living area are separated from the bedroom by sliding doors, so you can chose if you want an open solution or if you want separate areas.

The bathroom is small, but functional.

The club lounge serves water, juice, fruits and biscuits all day, and beer and wine and snacks during happy hours. The lounge is small, but it works for me!

Breakfast is served free of charge for club/platinum guests in the hotel's main restaurant. The breakie is okey as well

Internet is fast - much better than the internet at the Grosvenour House!!

Location is good too Not directly on the beach, but in the middle of the bustle of Abu Dhabi!

The hotel have a nice and lively Irish bar, but beware - shorts and flip flops are not allowed.

The only negatives as far as I am concerned is that the elevators are very slow and newspaper are not delievered to your door unless you ask for it (you have to ask daily). I asked, but nothing was delievered

Verdict - some flaws, but very nice hotel for the price paid. Would return here!!

Last edited by l etoile; Jul 8, 2011 at 8:40 am Reason: removed note to moderators
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Decent value

Only one walkable block - even in the summer heat - from the Emirates Office/Bus terminal.

Really only two blocks from the waterfront - was undergoing major refurbishment work in the vicinity spring 2011 though.

Rooms very dated but clean and comfortable, and decent size - compared to the far more expensive Sheraton Resort hotel down the road.

The club lounge is claustrophobic. The only windows are very high - so no view.

Of local "Wood" properties probably the best price quality option.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Any recent experience here? Just booked a prepaid reservation at 95 USD so that looks good to me, considering the lounge access.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:13 pm

Stayed here on New Year's eve. Booked 2 rooms at the last minute and was able to get C&P which was a great deal. Both rooms were on the 3rd floor which is where the lounge was. One was a suite at the end of the hall - with a huge sitting area and dining table (Plt). Bathroom was small. Bliss toiletries.

I was hoping for a room higher up but nothing available since it was New Year's eve. Lounge did not have much food or drink in it. The attendant was only there part of the time. Not sure if this was due to it being the 31st of Dec or if the offerings in the lounge are always meager. It did have 2 computers for use. There were 3 other computers to the left of the check in desk on the 1st floor for guest use.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant on the 1st floor. I did not eat there but my family said it was a decent spread. There was also some eats put out in the lounge at the same time but not much.

A short 5 min walk to the beach.

Overall a nice hotel with a good location. Lounge offerings were lacking - but this may have been a unique situation given when I was there.

No local gift available. Decided not to get the bottle of wine and settled for the 500 pts amenity.

Last edited by acnev; Jan 16, 2012 at 9:15 pm Reason: addl info
Old May 4, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: EK Gold EY Gold Sirius Gold SPG Plat / LT Gold
LEFT SPG EFFECTIVE 4th May 2012

I just received notification that Sheraton Khalidiya and Starwoods have parted ways effective immediately.

Shame as this was a nice good value option in Abu Dhabi.
Old May 5, 2012, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by dxbtraveller
I just received notification that Sheraton Khalidiya and Starwoods have parted ways effective immediately.

Shame as this was a nice good value option in Abu Dhabi.
Really weird. Sad to see it go. Must have been some sort of dispute because otherwise they would have given a longer notice. I stayed there back in December and thought that it was perfectly fine hotel. Got a nice and spacious recently renovated suite. The club lounge was ok.
Old May 5, 2012, 5:09 am

Same here...strange!

I am going to Abu Dhabi next month and this was one of my options, I am happy I didn't book it!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:02 am

The Sheraton name and brand is still all over this property...Strange. Huge Sheraton signs and "S" on all sides of the building.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: SPG Platinum. Hilton Gold. IHG PA. Accor Platinum
Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel Abu Dhabi

Stay Period - 2011.12.28 ~ 2012.1.1
Room - Executive Suite

Approximately 100 photos and the reviews written in Korean
To see the reviews you need a very fast internet speeds

Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel Abu Dhabi - Executive Suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.