FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi, UAE [Master Thread] (LEFT SPG EFFECTIVE 4th May 2012)
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:13 pm
acnev

Stayed here on New Year's eve. Booked 2 rooms at the last minute and was able to get C&P which was a great deal. Both rooms were on the 3rd floor which is where the lounge was. One was a suite at the end of the hall - with a huge sitting area and dining table (Plt). Bathroom was small. Bliss toiletries.

I was hoping for a room higher up but nothing available since it was New Year's eve. Lounge did not have much food or drink in it. The attendant was only there part of the time. Not sure if this was due to it being the 31st of Dec or if the offerings in the lounge are always meager. It did have 2 computers for use. There were 3 other computers to the left of the check in desk on the 1st floor for guest use.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant on the 1st floor. I did not eat there but my family said it was a decent spread. There was also some eats put out in the lounge at the same time but not much.

A short 5 min walk to the beach.

Overall a nice hotel with a good location. Lounge offerings were lacking - but this may have been a unique situation given when I was there.

No local gift available. Decided not to get the bottle of wine and settled for the 500 pts amenity.

Last edited by acnev; Jan 16, 2012 at 9:15 pm Reason: addl info