FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi, UAE [Master Thread] (LEFT SPG EFFECTIVE 4th May 2012)
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:38 am
skrosvik

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Nice hotel

I am currently staying at this hotel, got a great rate of 206 Dirhams per night, which is like 45 USD or something. Very cheap!

The hotel was very quick to reply to e-mails, etc before my arrival. Everything looked great before I arrived.

Arrived to the hotel yesterday - not like the smooth arrival I had some days before at the Grosvenor House. I had to wait quite some time before someone came out to help me with my luggage (4 pieces). Bell boy came out and took my luggage.

The hotel have a quirky outlay, the lobby is somehow splitted between Ground Floor and First Floor (and which between them there is the Mezzanine Floor). Took the elevator up to the quirky reception on the First Floor, and was greeted by a somewhat shy young girl.

Was told I was upgraded to an Executive Suite (the largest in the house) on the 8th floor.

Got to my suite - it is very nice actually. It feels little bit like some pre-renovation US Sheraton - US style bathroom, full kitchen, etc. They have done a very shallow renovation - new painting, furniture, etc. But the bathroom, floor tiles in the living room, etc is very old. But I am very happy with the suite! It is quite large, dining area, TV area with couch and chairs, desk and the kitchen with oven, micro, fridge, etc.

The living area are separated from the bedroom by sliding doors, so you can chose if you want an open solution or if you want separate areas.

The bathroom is small, but functional.

The club lounge serves water, juice, fruits and biscuits all day, and beer and wine and snacks during happy hours. The lounge is small, but it works for me!

Breakfast is served free of charge for club/platinum guests in the hotel's main restaurant. The breakie is okey as well

Internet is fast - much better than the internet at the Grosvenour House!!

Location is good too Not directly on the beach, but in the middle of the bustle of Abu Dhabi!

The hotel have a nice and lively Irish bar, but beware - shorts and flip flops are not allowed.

The only negatives as far as I am concerned is that the elevators are very slow and newspaper are not delievered to your door unless you ask for it (you have to ask daily). I asked, but nothing was delievered

Verdict - some flaws, but very nice hotel for the price paid. Would return here!!

Last edited by l etoile; Jul 8, 2011 at 8:40 am Reason: removed note to moderators