Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Arrow Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, Indonesia [Master Thread]

couldn't find any info on this property....i'll be staying here in a couple months time....would be nice to get some reviews from people who have stayed here....
Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
have a late night flight coming into jakarta & am driving to bandung next morning....is it worth going into the city or would it be a smart idea to stay here for the night????
Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by saad
have a late night flight coming into jakarta & am driving to bandung next morning....is it worth going into the city or would it be a smart idea to stay here for the night????
If you have a driver, go straight to Bandung.

If you do not have a driver, stay overnight at LM and take the train.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mario33
If you have a driver, go straight to Bandung.

If you do not have a driver, stay overnight at LM and take the train.
my flight gets in a little after 11pm....how long will it take to drive to bandung????
Old Feb 27, 2010, 8:21 am

my flight gets in a little after 11pm....how long will it take to drive to bandung????
Hi, I would say 2 to 2.5 hours. Inmo not worth a stay paid stay at Sheraton Bandara. Points or C&P would be an option though. Also, the non chain Hotel FM 7 Resort at about Rp 550,000 would be worth considering if you don't want to go thru to BDG. It is about 10 minutes from the airport.

Note that if you have a local friend you can get the Sheraton for Rp 765,000 through a travel agent.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 8:21 am
Suspended

approx 2 hrs from jakarta, slightly longer from CGK

I suppose the Sheraton Bandara is good enough just to sleep, but dont expect a Sweet Sleeper Bed.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 8:34 am

approx 2 hrs from jakarta, slightly longer from CGK

I suppose the Sheraton Bandara is good enough just to sleep, but dont expect a Sweet Sleeper Bed.
The hotel has sweet sleeper beds. I would say don't expect too much.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by camsean
The hotel has sweet sleeper beds.
That was what I thought, but the bed in my suite was definitely not sweet sleeper (and they couldnt find me a room with one). The tvs are new and huge though.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:26 am

I know that you did not ask for this, but I see that you are also HH Diamond, so here I go...

Honestly, I do not remember seeing a Sheraton in Bandung last year. But I'm sure that at some point I had to choose between Sheraton and Hilton for my stay. (I'm member in both programs.) But I went for Hilton and I had a great stay there. It's a very new, modern-looking building with a nice pool, great breakfast buffet and top service. Again, it's probably not helpfull, but you never know...
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Koby
Honestly, I do not remember seeing a Sheraton in Bandung last year.
Its located on the fringe of the city, thats why.

Yes, go for the Hilton if you like modern hotels. You will probably not stay in another hotel with so much marble.

The Sheraton however feels more informal. Its an older property but reasonably well maintained. It feels a little like a resort with several low rise blocks linked together, infact I thought its exactly like the Sheraton Senggigi but without a beach. The towers lounge tries to look like a country lodge, complete with fire place etc Its a simple and pleasant hotel, and I feel the towers rooms (though much older) are more comfortable and feels more homely than the sleek Hilton Exec rooms.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

thanks for the input....would you know how far the sheraton is from the hilton????
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by camsean
Hi, I would say 2 to 2.5 hours. Inmo not worth a stay paid stay at Sheraton Bandara. Points or C&P would be an option though. Also, the non chain Hotel FM 7 Resort at about Rp 550,000 would be worth considering if you don't want to go thru to BDG. It is about 10 minutes from the airport.

Note that if you have a local friend you can get the Sheraton for Rp 765,000 through a travel agent.
i'm using points for the stay so no issues there....

thanks everyone for the replies....i think we will probably end up spending the night here since my wife is not a big fan of driving at night....
Old Feb 27, 2010, 8:19 pm
Suspended

....would you know how far the sheraton is from the hilton????
Hilton is very close to the railway station and a couple of miles from the airport,the 2 hotels are probably about 5 miles apart or 10-15min on the road if traffic is light.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:00 am

The Sheraton is located in Dago which is in the north of the city. It has nice grounds, and the rooms are well maintained. Note that only the rooms in the club wing have bathtubs. All the rest have only showers. Don't pay extra for a pool view room if you are staying on the weekends as they suffer from noise when the pool fills up with screaming kids. The location is nice and peasceful up on the slopes of mountain, however you'll need to catch taxies to get around.

The food and beverage offers in the club lounge and the hotel restaurants are pretty average. If you have any more specific questions please feel free to pm me.

My 2 cents re the comparison with the new Hilton;The Hilton is the better hotel.

The rooms at the Hilton are much, much nicer and more stylishly modern. The buffet breakfast is also probably one of the best I have had in Indonesia. The only negative I can think of for this hotel is the location, on a busy road near the centre of the city is not the best in Bandung. However, the hotel is! So good in fact, I've started working on Hilton Honours Gold.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:21 am

That was what I thought, but the bed in my suite was definitely not sweet sleeper (and they couldnt find me a room with one). The tvs are new and huge though.
I got one. It wasn't enough to make me want to return the hotel again though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.