Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Any recent stays? It is worth paying extra to stay here over Courtyard or Moxy?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
One night Plat stay, Junior Suite upgrade

I’m in the middle of my 15 night Marriott status match, and decided to try this property out for a night. Weekends in Bandung can be a bit crazy, so we decided to go mid week.

Rates were just over one million a night, net. Including 2x breakfast. When we first arrived, they couldn’t find our booking, even with the confirmation number. Finally, with the complete reservation, they found it.

We had our temperature taken at the security gate upon entering. The lobby isn’t handicapped or mobility challenged friendly. Lots of steps. They do have a side entrance which we could drive to that you could walk or use a wheelchair on. The staff was friendly and helpful in this regard, especially Frety.

We got an upgraded room, near the pool, their Junior Suite, which is a normal suite. Has a dining room table, sink, along with a standard living room, balcony with pool access via stepping stones. (Not great for mobility challenged) Nice suite, and things were in good shape. Large shower, and tub. Toilet with a hand sprayer.

Large king bed, but very soft. I haven’t had this much of a “marshmallow” bed in quite awhile. I think my back would have been killing me if we stayed here more than one night. 4 small bottles of Aqua water in the livingroom, two more in the bathroom. A small amenity food item was in the room. (Brownie shell, with pudding/fruit inside)

The normal executive lounge is closed. They provided service in the lobby, or would also bring as room service.

Their room service menu is only online. They provide a paper to link to the menu. Unlike most hotels, the price they quote includes tax and service. Prices are quite reasonable, with most entrees being 99k IDR (about $7). We got a fish and chips, that had a large piece of fish, fries and a side salad. Service was quick, about 20 minutes.

The pool is a medium size, with three different depths, of 1.2, 1.5 and I think 1.8 meters. It has nice concrete steps, with three very heavy duty railings into the water. I did find the steps pretty steep, with the last step getting out of the pool a challenge. I have mobility issues, though, so for most it would be fine. At this time, you need to bring your own room towels for the pool.

The water was a bit cold, just after noon when we went. We had the pool all to ourselves. There is a kids pool next to the adult pool.

I was impressed with the staff and service at this property. The room was in good shape, and the breakfast was quite nice, as well as all the other food options. I didn’t see anything in disrepair, or rundown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.