Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN has my TT number but my boarding pass doesn't have PRE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Like the title says, no Pre on my boarding pass, even though Southwest has my Trusted Traveler number. How can I fix this?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:28 pm

You aren't guaranteed to get Pre every time. And is it an international trip? Those didn't show Pre, but I thought I saw that it was generally resolved. See if a reprint at the airport, maybe going over the TT number with the ticket agent, works?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:32 pm

Try another medium - I've experienced getting Pre on my mobile BP, but not on a paper BP for the same flight.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Was the TT # in your profile before you made the reservation? If not, you have to call Customer Service to add it. If you do not have a RR account that they can verify your TT # to, it may be a crap shoot if you get TSA PreCheck
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
According to the phone rep, after getting a KTN, one can go to https://www.southwest.com/flight/add...InfoEntry.html and update the reservation themselves to include the KTN manually.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:24 am

I've got the exact same problem. My TT # was added prior to booking, and it has worked on previous flights. No indication of pre on the mobile app or online. I called up SW, and they said my TT # was in there and everything looked correct.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
PreCheck and Southwest are very finicky. Your PreCheck name, ticketed name, AND Rapid Rewards name have to be the same. If the last two aren't the same, once you add your RR number to a ticket, the RR name takes over. In that case, you wouldn't get PreCheck because the names don't match. The ONLY way to change or verify your RR name is by calling into the service center.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by palmetto86
PreCheck and Southwest are very finicky. Your PreCheck name, ticketed name, AND Rapid Rewards name have to be the same. If the last two aren't the same, once you add your RR number to a ticket, the RR name takes over. In that case, you wouldn't get PreCheck because the names don't match. The ONLY way to change or verify your RR name is by calling into the service center.
Can't you verify your RR name online under Account/Personal/Profile Info?

I'm also betting OP has a name disconnect
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

All sorted out. WN claims I entered the wrong birth date when I booked the ticket. I don't remember entering a birth date at all. However, I straightened it out at the airport, breezed through Pre and I'm now happily ensconced in one of the airport bars waiting for my now-delayed flight.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by kerrigjl
According to the phone rep, after getting a KTN, one can go to https://www.southwest.com/flight/add...InfoEntry.html and update the reservation themselves to include the KTN manually.
As of a couple of years ago when I got my KTN, if I had flights already booked and added the KTN at a later date, it had to be added by phone, by a Customer Service Rep. The KTN would look like it appeared in my profile, but wouldn't "take" on previously booked flights, only new bookings.

Last edited by NextTrip; Sep 23, 2016 at 4:28 pm
Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Please make sure that the middle name on your WN profile exactly matches your middle name on your KTN.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
My wife has a hyphenated last name. WN's computer, at least when she set up her account, cannot handle that. It just took (takes?) out the hyphen and there is a space.

So what happens for her with TT, etc.?

For that matter, AA's computer took out the hyphen and put the 2 parts of her name together without a space.

Maybe the airlines have fixed this glitch. It is not like hyphens in names are that uncommon.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

For what it's worth, at the airport the GA said that, though my RR profile is correct, the ticket was booked with the wrong birth date. This is strange, because I don't recall the website asking for my birth date when I booked. I've also booked numerous WN flights before, and had no trouble getting Pre. At any rate, the GA said it was corrected for my return, so we'll see.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is only anecdotal, but it appears that the DHS match standard has tightened recently. It is well worth spending the time to be certain that there is a 100% name match in your profile between the name and DOB on your KTN (and that if it is associated with GE that this matches your passport) and the name on your profile and that your profile is used to book all tickets.

Pay attention to extra spaces, punctuation and the like.

WN has the absolute worst IT architecture of any Pre-Check carrier, so these problems are the worst on WN tickets.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1

WN has the absolute worst IT architecture of any Pre-Check carrier, so these problems are the worst on WN tickets.
Do you mean "most limited"?
WN reservations only does a few things compared to other carriers' - books one way segmented travel, no seat assignments, very few ancillary amenities - bookable, charged for, or available at all. But I've never encountered any difficulty booking on WN. But yes, exact name matches between the booking and RR are required. And to the OP's question, there is indeed a birthdate field on the booking page...if you use your RR acct. it may autofill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.