Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:16 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
Quick question again. Logistics have changed for our party. Originally had the FDMR booked for 4 people. I've been told that now we will have 6 people. What class do you suggest that I should get if we are to seat 6 adults comfortably. Is the only option a Van? or can I book a car like LDMR and be fine? Does Sixt in Dublin have a Q7 type of a car, or the VW Touareg? Or any SUV that seats 6? The other option I see is the Van (VW Touran listed). Also having a valid US Drivers License should be fine right?

Thank You for all the help.
If you are travelling light then SVMR or SVAR Seat Alhambra ( Example Vehicle ) should be ok. However for comfort you should be considering FVMN Toyota Hiace or FVAN Renalt Traffic Auto. Depends on how much luggage you have.

U.S Licence is fine, Take your passport too.

Gary
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
If you are travelling light then SVMR or SVAR Seat Alhambra ( Example Vehicle ) should be ok. However for comfort you should be considering FVMN Toyota Hiace or FVAN Renalt Traffic Auto. Depends on how much luggage you have.

U.S Licence is fine, Take your passport too.

Gary
We wont' be taking any luggage with us during that time. Most likely the normal light stuff (Camera bag, water bottles, etc.) that's about it.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:13 am

FDAR - Mercedes-Benz C-Class Aut or similar

What are the current rentals out of Manchester Airport in this catagory, it used to be heavily towards the Volvo s60 I believe. I would love a C class if they are now available in this catagory.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
We wont' be taking any luggage with us during that time. Most likely the normal light stuff (Camera bag, water bottles, etc.) that's about it.
In that case I would go with S group.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by welch9
FDAR - Mercedes-Benz C-Class Aut or similar

What are the current rentals out of Manchester Airport in this catagory, it used to be heavily towards the Volvo s60 I believe. I would love a C class if they are now available in this catagory.
Do you have a booking? I will do my best to check availability for you.

Gary
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freecia
I'm looking for an automatic at SIXT station "Lanzarote Arrecife Port ACEC10" Cicar Partner
location, as Sixt Fleet page lists automatics. A sixt.com quote for April 30, 2013 doesn't show any automatics, though.

Would Gary or a colleague mind checking if Automatics are possible?

Thanks!
I am checking I will let you know as soon as I have the information.

Gary
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:28 am

I have a booking at Malaga Airport from 1pm on Easter Saturday (30/3/13). The flight was due to land at 12.20pm but has been rescheduled to 1.15pm by the airline.

Do I need to amend the booking (it is a prepaid booking)? I have tried to amend it online but it does not seem to work.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seppy
I have a booking at Malaga Airport from 1pm on Easter Saturday (30/3/13). The flight was due to land at 12.20pm but has been rescheduled to 1.15pm by the airline.

Do I need to amend the booking (it is a prepaid booking)? I have tried to amend it online but it does not seem to work.

I'll pop a note on the booking and e-mail the branch, I have sent you a private message. I just need your reservation number by reply to the private message.

Gary
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Eli, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elit, & more
Platinum upgrade

I understand both Delta PMs and HHonors Diamonds are offered Platinum benefits. How do I upgrade from my current Gold status? Thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Gold, Sixt Platinum
I have checked with the location and you can expect either the Mercedes S Class or a BMW 7.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Gary
Thanks alot

Just one more if you have the time. It says a deposit of 5000 euro. Is that correct?

Thanks

Last edited by norvagabond; Jan 30, 2013 at 4:45 pm
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by gary coughlan
do you have a booking? I will do my best to check availability for you.

Gary
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by welch9; Jan 31, 2013 at 3:26 am
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by welch9
@ welch9 Better not to mention your reservation number in the forum to protect your privacy, I would recommend that you delete this.

^ C Class Mercs will be bountiful, I can't give you any exact numbers but we always aim to provide the types of cars that our customers like to drive and we listen to our customers.

As always, you will never receive a guarantee from me on specific vehicle group but I can improve your chances.

Gary
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:28 am

@ welch9 Better not to mention your reservation number in the forum to protect your privacy, I would recommend that you delete this.

^ C Class Mercs will be bountiful, I can't give you any exact numbers but we always aim to provide the types of cars that our customers like to drive and we listen to our customers.

As always, you will never receive a guarantee from me on specific vehicle group but I can improve your chances.

Gary
mANY THANKS, AGAIN
Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freecia
I'm looking for an automatic at SIXT station "Lanzarote Arrecife Port ACEC10" Cicar Partner
location, as Sixt Fleet page lists automatics. A sixt.com quote for April 30, 2013 doesn't show any automatics, though.

Would Gary or a colleague mind checking if Automatics are possible?

Thanks!
The Auto's are again bookable...not sure what the problem was.

Gary
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:36 am

Bmw x1 booked ILAR in Edinburgh

Hello,
We booked Sixt ILAR class for our holiday in Scotland Feb. 9-18th. Is it likely that we will actually get a BMW 1 series? What other categories are in this ILAR class. Thanks,
Ann Ferguson

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.