Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
There were no payment details / Express card entered in your second reservation. I have taken care of it.

Gary - Customer Service Team
Thanks so much Gary.

A friend of mine just returned from Dublin and he had a difficult time finding the Sixt location at the airport. Is it located with all the other car rental agencies? Is "County Cars" involved with Sixt?

Appreciate your help.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:16 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by philemer
Thanks so much Gary.

A friend of mine just returned from Dublin and he had a difficult time finding the Sixt location at the airport. Is it located with all the other car rental agencies? Is "County Cars" involved with Sixt?

Appreciate your help.
From Terminal 1: Proceed to the Sixt desk in the Pre-Booked Car Rental
Section immediately to the right as you emerge from Customs.

From Terminal 2: As you emerge from customs, take the connector ramp to your left and
follow signs to Sixt in Terminal 1. Proceed to Sixt desk in the Pre-Booked
Car Rental Section.

I hope the above helps.

Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:01 pm

Hello Gary I had a question to be answered as soon as possible.

I rented a car in Orlando FL with Sixt at the airport for some days.

Everything fine and perfect but today while I was eating in a restaurant I had my car hit by a hit-and-runner and it left a dent in the car's trunk/right side about the size of a hand or bigger.

so we couldn't find out who did that and they didn't help me in the restaurant since they don't have any cameras or anything.

any solution or help on what i should do now?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Elixx

Everything fine and perfect but today while I was eating in a restaurant I had my car hit by a hit-and-runner and it left a dent in the car's trunk/right side about the size of a hand or bigger.

so we couldn't find out who did that and they didn't help me in the restaurant since they don't have any cameras or anything.

Not much you can do until you turn the car in except make a police report. If you have full ins. coverage you won't have anything to worry about. Tell us exactly what ins. you have for this rental.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Elixx

Please report the accident to the branch, they will confirm the handling for you.

Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:27 am

i have full insurance
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:06 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Gary: Still not have heard back from you via PM or email regarding my status match request...any updates on this?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Gary: Still not have heard back from you via PM or email regarding my status match request...any updates on this?
I have just sent you an e-mail to confirm the upgrade. Sorry about the delay.

Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:07 pm

Hi Gary,

I am travelling to Miami during Thanksgiving this year. I rented and paid in advance for a car from SiXT.

Unfortunately, I lost the credit card using which I had booked the rental. I understand that I am supposed to provide the same card that was used for booking. But since I lost it, Bank of America sent me a new one, which has a different number on it.

I emailed SiXt about it and this is what I got in response:

Thank you for your e-mail.

If you could just provide proof of the lost card, like a letter from the bank when they sent you a new one, the branch one be able to accept the new card.
Now, I do have the letter that came along with the new card but it doesn't mention anything about me having lost the original card and this being a replacement card. It just congratulates me on choosing BOA, like it would do to any new customer.

I am wondering if that would cause a problem when I go in to pick the car? Or is there any other proof that I can show to establish that I lost the original CC and this is the bank-issues replacement CC?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abpat2203
Hi Gary,

I am travelling to Miami during Thanksgiving this year. I rented and paid in advance for a car from SiXT.

Unfortunately, I lost the credit card using which I had booked the rental. I understand that I am supposed to provide the same card that was used for booking. But since I lost it, Bank of America sent me a new one, which has a different number on it.

I emailed SiXt about it and this is what I got in response:

Now, I do have the letter that came along with the new card but it doesn't mention anything about me having lost the original card and this being a replacement card. It just congratulates me on choosing BOA, like it would do to any new customer.

I am wondering if that would cause a problem when I go in to pick the car? Or is there any other proof that I can show to establish that I lost the original CC and this is the bank-issues replacement CC?
Thanks for posting your question on the Thread. I am sure we can take care of this for you ahead of your booking. I will PM you my e-mail address, please send all the details there. Normally, if you pre paid you should bring the same credit card that you pre paid with.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please mention your Flyertalk post in your e-mail when you send it to me.

Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:33 am

Thank you Gary. I have sent you the email with all the details.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Hi,

When booking an FDAR group car from LHR what's the likelihood of actually getting the latest shape 3 series (as shown in the picture online) or a 3 series at all? And if so would it be the 320d?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: EKGold, BD/StarGold, Hertz#1Gold. But mostly TfL Oyster.
Two questions regarding Sixt at Dubai (DXB Airport):

1. Are there plans to reintroduce a car class between the Nissan Tiida/Ford Focus (CDAR) and the Mercedes C-class (FDAR)?

2. Any idea when (or whether) Platinum card upgrades will become available again?

The background to this is that I've had an active rental from this station for most of this year. Earlier (Jan-May) I'd book a Mercedes B-class and, as a Platinum card holder, receive an automatic upgrade at the pickup point to a Mercedes C-class.

Recently (August onward) though, all the B-classes have been defleeted, and I've been advised by the Dubai head office that I cannot currently be upgraded from CDAR to FDAR. The reasons I've been given for this vary from this being a peak period to Sixt awaiting delivery of a new fleet of cars ordered. However I note that every time I ring the airport station I am told that FDARs are available.

Now, I understand that I'm only paying for a CDAR, and that the upgrade to FDAR is subject to availability (and that the FDARs available at the airport may not always be available as upgrades). However I will have an active rental in Dubai for most of the next 12 months; the Tiida/Focus is utterly awful, and the C-class is above my budget (the B-class was thus ideal, with the upgrade a fantastic bonus).

As my current rental is coming to an end, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. If the upgrades will be reinstated, or if Sixt do reintroduce a car between CDAR and FDAR, I will continue renting from Sixt; otherwise I'll henceforth be renting a Camry from Hertz (with regret - higher cost and no upgrade possibility!).

Thanks for any help on this!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:19 am

there is no upgrade for longterm rentals. regardless of your status and availability of cars. simply not allowed.

be happy that is worked in the past!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 9:13 am

Hi Gary,

Just sent you a PM regarding my Helsinki booking this weekend.

Appreciate you reply !

Edwin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.