Wiki Posts
Search

Transit Emirates to Garuda

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Transit Emirates to Garuda

Hi all

I am flying to Singapore with emirates and then onto Bali with Garuda Indonesia on a separate ticket. I have a two hour turnaround. I have called emirates and they cannot confirm that they will through check my bags for me. My questions are:

1. Has anyone known emirates to through check bags to Garuda?
2. Can this be dealt with airside in Singapore?
3. If I have to leave airside and exit immigration etc, is 2 hours enough time to pick my bags up and change terminals ?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Ldb1993
2. Can this be dealt with airside in Singapore?
3. If I have to leave airside and exit immigration etc, is 2 hours enough time to pick my bags up and change terminals ?
AFAIK, you can't do it airside. You need to collect bags and drop them off at check in counter. 2h is more than enough - you can be back to the gate in 20min after collecting bags.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:41 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by invisible
AFAIK, you can't do it airside. You need to collect bags and drop them off at check in counter. 2h is more than enough - you can be back to the gate in 20min after collecting bags.
What you can also try - no guarantees:

The transit counters are typically around the area where the escalators go down to immigration (which you would need to go through if they really can't check through). What you can do is quickly check at the transit counter if they can retrieve your luggage for you and transfer to the GA flight and issue your BP. It can sometimes be done.
But only try this if there is no queue at the transit counters.

If that fails, just retrieve your luggage in Terminal1 where you arrive, head out and go up one floor to the departure level. Follow the signs to "Terminal 3" and take the aerotrain across. Doesn't take long.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
What you can also try - no guarantees:

The transit counters are typically around the area where the escalators go down to immigration (which you would need to go through if they really can't check through). What you can do is quickly check at the transit counter if they can retrieve your luggage for you and transfer to the GA flight and issue your BP. It can sometimes be done.
But only try this if there is no queue at the transit counters.

If that fails, just retrieve your luggage in Terminal1 where you arrive, head out and go up one floor to the departure level. Follow the signs to "Terminal 3" and take the aerotrain across. Doesn't take long.
Good suggestion and advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.