Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Transit Emirates to Garuda

Transit Emirates to Garuda

Old Jun 27, 17, 6:38 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Transit Emirates to Garuda

Hi all

I am flying to Singapore with emirates and then onto Bali with Garuda Indonesia on a separate ticket. I have a two hour turnaround. I have called emirates and they cannot confirm that they will through check my bags for me. My questions are:

1. Has anyone known emirates to through check bags to Garuda?
2. Can this be dealt with airside in Singapore?
3. If I have to leave airside and exit immigration etc, is 2 hours enough time to pick my bags up and change terminals ?
Ldb1993 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 17, 8:34 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Star Alliance
Posts: 4,728
Originally Posted by Ldb1993 View Post
2. Can this be dealt with airside in Singapore?
3. If I have to leave airside and exit immigration etc, is 2 hours enough time to pick my bags up and change terminals ?
AFAIK, you can't do it airside. You need to collect bags and drop them off at check in counter. 2h is more than enough - you can be back to the gate in 20min after collecting bags.
invisible is offline  
Old Jun 27, 17, 7:41 pm
  #3  
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALLPlus Platinum (formerly known as Le Club AccorHotels), Hertz PC
Posts: 3,451
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
AFAIK, you can't do it airside. You need to collect bags and drop them off at check in counter. 2h is more than enough - you can be back to the gate in 20min after collecting bags.
What you can also try - no guarantees:

The transit counters are typically around the area where the escalators go down to immigration (which you would need to go through if they really can't check through). What you can do is quickly check at the transit counter if they can retrieve your luggage for you and transfer to the GA flight and issue your BP. It can sometimes be done.
But only try this if there is no queue at the transit counters.

If that fails, just retrieve your luggage in Terminal1 where you arrive, head out and go up one floor to the departure level. Follow the signs to "Terminal 3" and take the aerotrain across. Doesn't take long.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Aug 9, 17, 7:09 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,538
Originally Posted by gilbertaue View Post
What you can also try - no guarantees:

The transit counters are typically around the area where the escalators go down to immigration (which you would need to go through if they really can't check through). What you can do is quickly check at the transit counter if they can retrieve your luggage for you and transfer to the GA flight and issue your BP. It can sometimes be done.
But only try this if there is no queue at the transit counters.

If that fails, just retrieve your luggage in Terminal1 where you arrive, head out and go up one floor to the departure level. Follow the signs to "Terminal 3" and take the aerotrain across. Doesn't take long.
Good suggestion and advice!
SQTraveller is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread