Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

SEA-SIN-SFO/RNO - what are average prices if booked far advance?

Old Jul 24, 17, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance

Google flights shows 330 days in advance multi city flight SEA-SIN-SFO-RNO as US $950 with UA only and single connection at either direction at SFO and non-stop flight SFO-SIN.

Is this the bottom of the barrel price for this route/area to SIN or are there better chances for some other carriers?

Need to book a ticket for my wife's niece, her family is very price sensitive, but at the same time would like to avoid transiting via China.

I remember SQ having $800 non-stop tickets when they reintroduced the route but seems it was one time only thing.
Old Jul 25, 17, 4:06 pm

SFO-SIN rt can be had for ~$700. Throw in a ow SEA-SFO ticket, ~$800 for your route is probably the best you can do.

I have seen SFO-SIN rt as low as $450, but that may have been a one-off.

Last edited by calbear2005; Jul 25, 17 at 8:35 pm Reason: added "rt" to the second "SFO-SIN"
Old Jul 25, 17, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by calbear2005 View Post
SFO-SIN rt can be had for ~$700. Throw in a ow SEA-SFO ticket, ~$800 for your route is probably the best you can do.

I have seen SFO-SIN as low as $450, but that may have been a one-off.
I remember seen $600, but it was with one of Chinese carriers with transiting thru China which is no go...

Thanks, that $700 was with which carriers?
Old Jul 25, 17, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by invisible View Post
I remember seen $600, but it was with one of Chinese carriers with transiting thru China which is no go...

Thanks, that $700 was with which carriers?
I want to say a US-based airline, but I don't remember which. Definitely not a China-based one (I avoid those as well when searching for flights to Asia because stopping at PVG sounds like such a hassle).

If it helps any, there are flights right now from SFO-HGK for mid-$600s on Asiana. Lots of transiting (ICN, HKG), plus SEA-SFO ow ($100) and HGK-SIN rt ($100). Not sure if that's worth the hassle for her, though.
Old Jul 26, 17, 12:02 am
Original Poster

If it helps any, there are flights right now from SFO-HGK for mid-$600s on Asiana. Lots of transiting (ICN, HKG), plus SEA-SFO ow ($100) and HGK-SIN rt ($100). Not sure if that's worth the hassle for her, though.
No really. It is 17 y/o girl on her first international trip alone. Probably just pay $950 to make sure she arrives with minimum potential hassle.
Old Jul 26, 17, 9:37 am

No really. It is 17 y/o girl on her first international trip alone. Probably just pay $950 to make sure she arrives with minimum potential hassle.
Gotcha. What dates do you need?
Old Jul 26, 17, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Gotcha. What dates do you need?
July next year. And she wants to leave on 4th - not sure that it is the best date for travel...
Old Jul 27, 17, 10:31 am

July next year. And she wants to leave on 4th - not sure that it is the best date for travel...
Seeing low- to mid-$800s for nonstop SFO-SIN rt on United around that time. Perhaps wait a bit? FWIW, I often fly as cheap as I can, and if I had to go to Singapore around that time, I'd be fairly confident that I could find cheaper flights if I waited.
Old Aug 9, 17, 7:10 am

I think Eva does some good deals.

And I think you could also try Qatar, they might been keen to get passengers.

Search this Thread