Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN airport question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

SIN airport question

I have a strange situation here. I have ticket from JFK - SIN with Singapore Airlines, but then I have a separate ticket from Singapore to Guam with Thai Airways. It's not on one ticket, it's not a transit. Upon arrival at SIN, do I need to clear immigration or not to get my ticket to Guam? I am afraid we are losing time.

Can I just get ticket at Thai Airways counter in JFK so I don't have to go through immigration in SIN to get my ticket?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:11 pm

Seems like a roundabout way to get to GUM by flying JFK-SIN and then connect to another flight to GUM.

Did you consider taking a transpacific to Japan (HND/NRT), or Philippines (MNL) and connect to a flight from them to GUM? Flying time would have been shorter on a TPAC route.

In any case, even on a separate ticket, the check-in staff in JFK would be able to interline, hence checking through your luggage all the way to GUM. If your luggage is checked all the way through to GUM, then you won't need to clear immigration, and can just collect your boarding passes at the transit desk airside (if you didn't receive them already at JFK).

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Before I say anything else, I want to say up front that SQ 319 is completely correct. SQ can take care of the whole thing when you check in at JFK. I think it would be really strange if they say they cannot.

Having said that, let's say for argument's sake SQ couldn't help you at JFK. Thus your backup is to deal with it when arriving at SIN. Once you're off the jetway, go straight to the nearest Transit area, and look for the TG check in counter. (BTW the transit area is airside - do NOT go through Immigration.) The TG folks would be able to issue you boarding passes; they will also ask for your SQ claim check so that someone in the baggage area can intercept your luggage and retag it to GUM. In this scenario, if you feel you need to do something, call TG from JFK, let them know that you're on your way on SQ including flight number and ask them to add the information to your PNR (record).

Either way, you're covered.

BTW TG does not fly to New York at this time. AFAIK they have no check in counter at JFK (it's not on the Port Authority list for airlines at JFK).
Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Once you're off the jetway, go straight to the nearest Transit area, and look for the TG check in counter. (BTW the transit area is airside - do NOT go through Immigration.)
Note you have to go to the correct transfer desk. Thai operate from both desks in Terminal 1, which is just a short walk or even shorter train ride from T3 where I believe the JFK flight will land.

http://www.changiairport.com/en/pass...e/transit.html
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: VA Gold; IHG Diamond Elite; Hertz Presidents Club
SQ should be able to tag your bags fro JFK-GUM if you ask, but who are you flying from BKK-GUM? TG don't fly to GUM, so you'd need to check that SQ have an interline agreement with that airline.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by BNEFlyer
SQ should be able to tag your bags fro JFK-GUM if you ask, but who are you flying from BKK-GUM? TG don't fly to GUM, so you'd need to check that SQ have an interline agreement with that airline.
He's not flying to BKK according to his post. He's flying JFK-SIN-GUM if I'm reading correctly.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
If you look at the Wikipedia page for GUM, there are no direct flight to GUM from SIN, and neither does Thai fly to GUM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni...tional_Airport

So, if the OP is connecting in SIN from SQ to TG, and the final destination is GUM, it must be a convoluted route
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: UA, HA
Originally Posted by sooge_sj
...it must be a convoluted route
^ Hurray for convoluted routes! Fly on, mate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.