FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIN airport question
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:10 pm
dsgtc0408

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Before I say anything else, I want to say up front that SQ 319 is completely correct. SQ can take care of the whole thing when you check in at JFK. I think it would be really strange if they say they cannot.

Having said that, let's say for argument's sake SQ couldn't help you at JFK. Thus your backup is to deal with it when arriving at SIN. Once you're off the jetway, go straight to the nearest Transit area, and look for the TG check in counter. (BTW the transit area is airside - do NOT go through Immigration.) The TG folks would be able to issue you boarding passes; they will also ask for your SQ claim check so that someone in the baggage area can intercept your luggage and retag it to GUM. In this scenario, if you feel you need to do something, call TG from JFK, let them know that you're on your way on SQ including flight number and ask them to add the information to your PNR (record).

Either way, you're covered.

BTW TG does not fly to New York at this time. AFAIK they have no check in counter at JFK (it's not on the Port Authority list for airlines at JFK).