Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by DrinkingCoffee
Flying into SIN in first on UA. I arrive at 12:15 AM. I have a connection at 6:00 AM on Silk Airways. Do you have any suggestions, especially at that time of night?

TIA.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...i-4-9-cpm.html

While DL specific, the wiki at the top of this thread has lots of good ideas about short visits to SIN Changi airport (in particular, headings SIN Airport Facilities and Things to do in SIN).
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by DrinkingCoffee
Flying into SIN in first on UA. I arrive at 12:15 AM. I have a connection at 6:00 AM on Silk Airways. Do you have any suggestions, especially at that time of night?

TIA.
You didn't mention your flight date so perhaps you've already flown. You also didn't specify what type of suggestions you were looking for - things to do at SIN the airport, going into the city, lounges, etc.

SIN Changi is hopping 24/7. Been through there about half-dozen times this past year, T1, 2 and 3 on various airlines. On one trip, my inbound to SIN was very late and as I headed to the transfer desk, I couldn't believe the number of pax and all the shops were open.

The challenge with doing anything in the city is the SMRT subway closes around 23:50 (last train to Tanah Merah), so that leaves taxis.

I would be more helpful if I knew your exact question.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:13 pm

Actually the last train that has a connection @ Tanah Merah towards the city leaves Changi quite a bit earlier, around 11.15pm

If you're later than that, Grab / Uber, and as a last resort a cab are indeed your friends.

For an arrival after midnight and a departure as early as 6am, I'd have just two suggestions:

a) You want some sleep: Hit some of the quieter areas at the airport. Unless you enjoy pony up quite a bit of cash for a few hours of sleep in an airport hotel..

b) Especially good on Friday and Saturday night: Hit Clarke! (Clarke Quay)

Singapore's nightlife might have become a bit more boring after recent "enhancements" (no more liquor sales at supermarkets after certain times, even higher liquor taxes) but if you want to have some beers, Clarke - or the more civilized Robertson Quay - are still the spot to hit.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
a) 6 hours at the air side transit hotel is not that expensive. Well the daily rate (24 hrs) is expensive, but for 6 hours it is acceptable.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by beep88
a) 6 hours at the air side transit hotel is not that expensive. Well the daily rate (24 hrs) is expensive, but for 6 hours it is acceptable.
Great idea. I'd suggest the one in T1 then, @55 SGD for a small, single occupancy room.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Best overnight?

Hi all! I will have about 6 hours overnight in SIN. I am *A Gold flying business class booked UA on NH metal. I have two questions: Does anyone know which trrminal I will be in? Does this give me access to SQ Business Lounge? If not which is best lounge?

Thank you for any information

Last edited by In2ishn; Oct 9, 2017 at 4:12 am Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by In2ishn
Hi all! I will have about 6 hours overnight in SIN. I am *A Gold flying business class booked UA on NH metal. I have two questions: Does anyone know which trrminal I will be in? Does this give me access to SQ Business Lounge? If not which is best lounge?

Thank you for any information
ANA departs terminal 2. You have access to the SQ lounges in T2 or T3 (connected airside)
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Thank you!!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Hi again!

One more run. This time on DL metal. I believe they land in terminal 1. I have ST Gold and Priority Pass. Which lounge(s) do you reccomend?

Thank you
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by In2ishn
Hi again!

One more run. This time on DL metal. I believe they land in terminal 1. I have ST Gold and Priority Pass. Which lounge(s) do you reccomend?

Thank you
ST Gold doesn't get you anything unless you are flying D1 cabin so you have only PP lounges.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: most of them
I think one of the PP lounges in T1 has sleeping rooms (or at least it did when I was there a couple of years ago). But it looks like they all have 3 hour max visits according to the PP website. Overall T1 is not as "fun" as the other terminals...fewer amenities to keep you occupied.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by glennaa11
I think one of the PP lounges in T1 has sleeping rooms (or at least it did when I was there a couple of years ago). But it looks like they all have 3 hour max visits according to the PP website. Overall T1 is not as "fun" as the other terminals...fewer amenities to keep you occupied.
Don't forget the airside transit hotels as an option. Get rooms in hour-based blocks of time. I believe they are in T2 and T3.
In2ishn and Mike Jacoubowsky like this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
T2 -- I just moved from the Krisflyer Gold lounge to the SATS lounge. Much more impressed with SATS primarily because of the seating. There are nice cubicles at SATS that make working much easier. The make-your-own Laksa was good too.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond+, Qantas Gold, Virgin Gold
Apologies to potentially rehash this I'm a recent SkyTeam transplant and still wading my way through the *G rules. I've reviewed this thread and many others and I am struggling to get clarity on the latest admission rules for *G in Singapore.

For *G, flying Y or PE, access is possible in Krisflyer Gold and TG's lounge in T1. Is SATS also *G or only for certain carriers?

From there it's just a question of choosing the right one. FWIW, I'm based in SIN (so shower doesn't trouble me) and am most interested in food offerings when it comes to the lounge (it's cheat day).
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:53 am

If your airline doesnt offer any extra lounge for *G then its indeed just the Krisflyer Gold and TG one. Food wise I would try both and see what you prefer. On average I find the TG one slightly better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.