Reload this Page >

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Any thoughts on what is currently the best Priority Pass lounge in T3? Will be there around 9am for a mid-morning QR departure.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any suggestion for early morning (8am) flight out of Changi terminal 2?
I have access to both star alliance gold and PP lounges.
Which have the best breakfast? alcohol is non-issue since I won't be drinking!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Of course SQ lounges.

Well, the Green Market(via PP) is a restaurant with waiter service.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
I have a weird question. I need to arrive early in the morning via China Eastern. Then go to see a client. Then head out of town again.

That poses the issue of personal hygiene. I would like to take a shower upon arriving in Singapore.

Questions:

1- Traveling business, do I have access to an arrival lounge for China Eastern?

2- If the answer is no, is there another possibility for a quick shower somewhere (if so, where?)

3- Finally, would this be available before crossing the border into Singapore, or before.

Thanks for all the help! This trip will be tricky...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by skidooman
2- If the answer is no, is there another possibility for a quick shower somewhere (if so, where?)

3- Finally, would this be available before crossing the border into Singapore, or before.
I have no idea if China Eastern provides arrivals lounge service. If it doesn't, before exiting the transit area you can head to the pay per use lounge to get a shower. http://www.harilelahospitality.com/#...t-lounge/c1u81
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Originally Posted by shuigao
I have no idea if China Eastern provides arrivals lounge service. If it doesn't, before exiting the transit area you can head to the pay per use lounge to get a shower. http://www.harilelahospitality.com/#...t-lounge/c1u81
I am sure they don't, even in their hub in Shanghai the clubs are all worn out.

But then, they offer cheap business and a flat bed. Better than kettle class for sleeping.

Thanks for the tip. I will watch for that pay per use lodge.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by skidooman
Questions:

1- Traveling business, do I have access to an arrival lounge for China Eastern?

Since you mention you have an onward connecting flight, I believe you might still be able to pop into the SATS Premier Lounge after getting a lounge invite from one of the transfer lounges. The last time I was connecting from China Eastern Business arriving in the morning and departing AF Economy on a later flight. I managed to enter the Dnata lounge in Terminal 1 without getting my onward boarding pass yet. But I did have an AF Gold card which permits me entry into the lounge. The SATS Premier Lounge have decent showers on par with that inside the SQ KF lounges.

China Eastern arrives on Terminal 3, and I believe all the lounges are before you clear passport control into Singapore. Because of the common departure and arrival area, arriving passengers could easily walk to the lounge without clearing security.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does SATS or (any one of the *G-accessible lounges) provide access on arrival? (I.e. passenger with *G status; arriving on NH metal/UA ticket, Economy class if it changes the answer.) I see a lot of discussion, and it sounds like not, but no clear answer.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, KF Silver, HHONORS Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by fumje
Does SATS or (any one of the *G-accessible lounges) provide access on arrival? (I.e. passenger with *G status; arriving on NH metal/UA ticket, Economy class if it changes the answer.) I see a lot of discussion, and it sounds like not, but no clear answer.
I've used the lounge between the BA/QF lounges in SIN before with the Priority Pass - can't recall if it's by dnata or SATS. From experience, they don't check boarding passes if you gain entry by Priority Pass (unless policy has changed), so you can use it as an Arrivals lounge.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger
I've used the lounge between the BA/QF lounges in SIN before with the Priority Pass - can't recall if it's by dnata or SATS. From experience, they don't check boarding passes if you gain entry by Priority Pass (unless policy has changed), so you can use it as an Arrivals lounge.
Thanks---how about without Priority Pass, just relying on Star Alliance Gold status? The *A lounge finder gives all kinds of nonsense (or sometimes nothing at all).
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, KF Silver, HHONORS Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by fumje
Thanks---how about without Priority Pass, just relying on Star Alliance Gold status? The *A lounge finder gives all kinds of nonsense (or sometimes nothing at all).
That will most likely fail.
Entry by way of elite status, as part of the alliance rules, requires lounge visitors to have an departing ticket of a partner airline.

Compare with entry by PP which just requires visitors to have any departing ticket- as the dragons don't need to record the flight, they often don't bother even checking whether you possess an onward BP.

Note that in both cases, you shouldn't be allowed in anyway as an arriving passenger.* You just stand a higher chance using your Priority Pass.

*except a select few designated "arrivals" lounges
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger
That will most likely fail.
Entry by way of elite status, as part of the alliance rules, requires lounge visitors to have an departing ticket of a partner airline.

Compare with entry by PP which just requires visitors to have any departing ticket- as the dragons don't need to record the flight, they often don't bother even checking whether you possess an onward BP.

Note that in both cases, you shouldn't be allowed in anyway as an arriving passenger.* You just stand a higher chance using your Priority Pass.

*except a select few designated "arrivals" lounges
I see, thanks. I saw some comments that they would permit arrivals too, although I'd thought the standard was to require an onward BP, as you said. Transit hotel it is, I suppose.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
The BA lounge is quite nice, it's right beside QF lounge.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:32 am

After having used the Silverkris lounge, I realized that the best lounge is Plaza Premium in T1. Not overcrowded like Silverkris, food is better. I don't even know why Silverkris lounges are thought to be special.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Yes Silverkris is very crowded at times. No plug in in the general area... have to go to the work stations.

Silverkris (T3) shower rooms do not have toilets inside, but otherwise it's better shower than SATS and PPL. Also it's a shame that they make you wait inside the toilet/shower area if the place is full, instead of giving you a pager like at CX HKG.

In general Silverkris at T2 is better than at T3.

The food at Plaza Premium isn't even close in terms of variety, quality, quantity. At Silverkris:
Chinese soup, western soup, sweet Chinese soup, congee
Sushi
Fresh fruits (huge chunks), pastries
Half dozen hot "main" dishes
Bread and make your own toast
Free Alcohol

You can argue that at PPL the main dishes are "by order" - (assembled from food under heat lamp at the back). When I was there late night, 2 choices were available - chicken rice and ramen I think.

Alcohol at Plaza Premium is pay only.

Over the last 2 days I visited T3 Silverkris, DNATA, SATS, Haven (land side) and T1 Plaza Premium.

Haven: can order 1 main from a choice of about 6, mostly Asian. Small lounge. Pay alcohol. Shower similar to SATS

DNATA: small food section, but they served satay, though appeared to be deep-fried

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.