Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Same for me for my November flight ... Called up call centre yesterday was told that they too are unable to access it... One possibility they offered was possibly a change in menu... Not sure how true is that
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Just curious, what's the urgency to book meals this far out? I only bother ~2 days before.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:47 am

Perhaps the website couldn't deal with two lists? SQ added some peranakan dishes for the SG50 celebrations. Only for a couple of months.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:10 am

I was finally able to BTC yesterday!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:54 am

What is a better F BTC ex SIN...Beef Rendang or Lamb Shank? I have seen very positive reviews on both. The Lamb shank seems to be chef inspired so I lean towards that but is it very fatty?

Last edited by ASUDan130; Jul 13, 2015 at 1:28 pm
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
I've found that BTC does not work in Chrome (Version 43.0.2357.132 m) but does in IE (version 11.09) for the same booking.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:00 am

I'm flying on SQ1 departing SFO at 1 am and arriving SGP at noon. The BTC only had a proper meal for supper. The next 2 BTC meals are breakfast with only 1 option of toasted multigrain for 1, and chicken and scallop congee for the next. Is that normal?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:12 am

Yes - breakfast meals only have a restricted selection.

But at least on the long flight, you can normally ask them to hold either your BTC or a main dish menu selection for breakfast time.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:13 am

Thank you stargold. SQ16 was a lot better with 3 full meals... I had kaiseki, lobster and samgyetang. The anticipation of having toasted multigrain and scallop porridge just pales in comparison...
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chewiegranolabar
Thank you stargold. SQ16 was a lot better with 3 full meals... I had kaiseki, lobster and samgyetang. The anticipation of having toasted multigrain and scallop porridge just pales in comparison...
May I ask how is the Samgyetang? Will be taking SQ15 from SFO - considering this option for the ICN-Sin leg

I am experiencing problem changing my BTC choices, keep prompting me unable to change. Not sure if anyone is experiencing similar problem?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:11 am

It was quite tasty! I have never tried it before so I can't compare with any restaurant. It was a bit tricky eating it on the flight as I needed to cut up the chicken in a full bowl of soup. Since there were 2 full meals before this, I wasn't too hungry hence only dug in to the glutinous rice which was seeped in chicken broth. I actually prefer my food a bit salty, so some might find the soup a tad salty.

If this was offered on my BTC I'd definitely choose it again.

The kaiseki was a huge disappointment.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chewiegranolabar
It was quite tasty! I have never tried it before so I can't compare with any restaurant. It was a bit tricky eating it on the flight as I needed to cut up the chicken in a full bowl of soup. Since there were 2 full meals before this, I wasn't too hungry hence only dug in to the glutinous rice which was seeped in chicken broth. I actually prefer my food a bit salty, so some might find the soup a tad salty.

If this was offered on my BTC I'd definitely choose it again.

The kaiseki was a huge disappointment.
Thx for the input.... tried kaiseki once and I don't think I will try it again
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by bluepanda
Perhaps the website couldn't deal with two lists? SQ added some peranakan dishes for the SG50 celebrations. Only for a couple of months.
Will try out the peranakan dishes for my upcoming supper flight.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Will try out the peranakan dishes for my upcoming supper flight.
Nice... what would you be ordering? Do post photos

Buddy and I ordered Ayam Buah Keluak & Peranakan Hokkien Mee for our next flight.

The news article http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...a/1939836.html mentioned Peranakan Nasi Padang for J class but looks like they scrapped this - not selectable in the dropdown and not listed in the BTC site.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by landingpoint
Nice... what would you be ordering? Do post photos

Buddy and I ordered Ayam Buah Keluak & Peranakan Hokkien Mee for our next flight.

The news article http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...a/1939836.html mentioned Peranakan Nasi Padang for J class but looks like they scrapped this - not selectable in the dropdown and not listed in the BTC site.
Will try to remember to take photos, I'll probably order the Ayam Buah Keluak as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.