77WR:
9V-SWJ
9V-SWK (in work)
9V-SWL
Print Wikipost

SQ Upcoming Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm excited to try this product. I often fly SQ JFK-FRA and while economy is just fine, I wouldn't mind booking PE for the daylight westbound (I'm sleeping on the eastbound so don't need the extra space/food/nice TV screen).
Old May 4, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I wouldn't mind booking PE for the daylight westbound (I'm sleeping on the eastbound so don't need the extra space/food/nice TV screen).
Interesting take. To me the extra recline and legroom is far more important for trying to sleep rather than on a daytime sector.

Initially I was excited when SQ announced they were launching Premium Economy but seeing the price premium you pay for it I have stuck to just booking preferred seats aka "poor mans PE" ..
Old May 6, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
For me, it's much more useful for daytime. At night, I'll continue to book the preferred seats, for the legroom. Since I spend most of the flight JFK-FRA asleep (usually abt 6hrs), the better menus (and book the cook if its really available on the shorter JFK/FRA sector), the wines, etc...would go to waste. During the daytime flight I can actually enjoy the upgraded service and the seat.

That said, you're right that the fares are disappointing. I usually can find r/t at about $900-$1000 in coach (as low as $750 on sale) +120 in seat fees. The cost for P/E on most of the flights I've looked at booking for future trips is around $1500r/t, at least 50% more and sometimes almost double!

I'll wait to book until I've seen some reports here to decide whether the service/seat is really worth such a premium.

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Interesting take. To me the extra recline and legroom is far more important for trying to sleep rather than on a daytime sector.

Initially I was excited when SQ announced they were launching Premium Economy but seeing the price premium you pay for it I have stuck to just booking preferred seats aka "poor mans PE" ..
Old May 21, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
So the new product was announced today, I wonder what it is like?
Old May 21, 2015, 5:17 pm

Smile Video of Singapore Airlines Premium Economy

I made a video of the new Singapore Airlines Premium Economy Class seat and the services. In the video you also see the book the cook meals, the champagne, the in-flight entertainment and the amenity kit.

My first thoughts about the seat is that it was comfy and with the 8-inch recline you get a nice rest position together with the footrest. The 13,3-inch display was quite nice and hopefully a long-haul flight will get more entertaining with it. I like the fact that there is the book the cook service available and that there is unlimited champagne throughout the flight (if you are into champagne).

Here's the video:

Feel free to share that video with your family and friends who are thinking to fly Premium Economy.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
So the new product was announced today, I wonder what it is like?
Guess we'll have to wait for professional blogger reviews hehe...
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: QF WP
Having quickly tried out the "display" seats (if there's such a thing) at the airport last weekend, the first impression is excellent. Obviously, need to try it out in the air before the final verdict, but it's possibly the best premium economy product available. The control console wasn't enabled for the display, so hopefully it won't lag like the ones in EK J. The one-piece table seems quite solid but only time can tell. I quite like how there's a USB port next to the seat, which would be very handy for items such as phones and tables. In the bulkhead seats, I think the foot rest folds out from the leg rest, but for other seats, they have both leg rests and foot rests. Pax also receives 35kg of check-in luggage, not sure if this was stated in the earlier advertising materials. The headrest is quite soft and plushy, I find it to be very comfortable. It's bookable from the website, and given that the cabin is still quite empty for most dates, it's possible to find this seat costing less than a normal Y seat in the high seasons - this situation probably won't last long.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
Having quickly tried out the "display" seats (if there's such a thing) at the airport last weekend, the first impression is excellent.
Have you by any chance tried out Scootbiz for a comparison (since scoot's "biz" class really is just PE)?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:24 am

tried it early this month at ION, not very impress with it.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by shuigao
Have you by any chance tried out Scootbiz for a comparison (since scoot's "biz" class really is just PE)?
Not at all, unfortunately (or should I say "fortunately?).

Originally Posted by jjjohn
tried it early this month at ION, not very impress with it.
Care to elaborate? I'm quite happy with it personally, so quite interested in your opinion. I might have missed something, so it's best if I know about it before I put my SWMBO into it.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:46 am

It will be ok for mid-haul.
The leg rest is not very comfortable for me. it really depends on your high.
Extra 6 inches pitch is nice but better to buy the exit row
Recline is all or nothing.

For the fare, it was $2200+ for London which is reasonable.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:51 am

It will be ok for mid-haul.
The leg rest is not very comfortable for me. it really depends on your high.
Extra 6 inches pitch is nice but better to buy the exit row
Recline is all or nothing.

For the fare, it was $2200+ for London which is reasonable.
Yeah that is a reasonable fare but I would spend a few hundred dollars more to fly Business class on UL to LHR if you're okay with the layover timing at CMB.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Yeah that is a reasonable fare but I would spend a few hundred dollars more to fly Business class on UL to LHR if you're okay with the layover timing at CMB.
Exactly.
Hardly purchase any long haul SIA after relocated to SG.
Their fare is always 50% higher than others.
Sometimes I pay less for TG First than SQ Business to Europe.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:12 am

Exactly.
Hardly purchase any long haul SIA after relocated to SG.
Their fare is always 50% higher than others.
Sometimes I pay less for TG First than SQ Business to Europe.
That's true, I hardly fly SQ since I gotta pay from my own pocket (I don't travel out of country for work).

Oh and welcome to Singapore.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
That's true, I hardly fly SQ since I gotta pay from my own pocket (I don't travel out of country for work).

Oh and welcome to Singapore.
this is my fifth years in SG
still not use to the weather here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.