FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ Upcoming Premium Economy
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2015, 11:43 am
dcstudent

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
For me, it's much more useful for daytime. At night, I'll continue to book the preferred seats, for the legroom. Since I spend most of the flight JFK-FRA asleep (usually abt 6hrs), the better menus (and book the cook if its really available on the shorter JFK/FRA sector), the wines, etc...would go to waste. During the daytime flight I can actually enjoy the upgraded service and the seat.

That said, you're right that the fares are disappointing. I usually can find r/t at about $900-$1000 in coach (as low as $750 on sale) +120 in seat fees. The cost for P/E on most of the flights I've looked at booking for future trips is around $1500r/t, at least 50% more and sometimes almost double!

I'll wait to book until I've seen some reports here to decide whether the service/seat is really worth such a premium.

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Interesting take. To me the extra recline and legroom is far more important for trying to sleep rather than on a daytime sector.

Initially I was excited when SQ announced they were launching Premium Economy but seeing the price premium you pay for it I have stuck to just booking preferred seats aka "poor mans PE" ..