Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by csidler
I don't know about South African Airline award bookings,

but on the Singapore Airlines website you can only book awards for SQ Flights. For SQ partners you have to call up.
I think when he says SA he means Star Alliance.

And yes, you can only book SQ flights on the website. For everything else you'll need to phone in.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:03 am

Hi all, this may have been asked before but i could not find it in a search. I will be travelling from ADL to SGN in February to get married and was wondering if its okay to bring a suit bag as well as normal carryon on board as carry on luggage? i will be flying whY.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: TK Elite
I was wondering if SQ had a status match program? (Am Star Gold with TK)
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
No reports seen in FT.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Yeah, never seen SQ do status matches...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
I agree. I have never seen SQ status match.

Last edited by scrappydog; Oct 5, 2014 at 11:05 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
Seems that M (21-day economy class with 100% accrual - flexi saver) class is now "$20 for rebooking" class. Everything is now charged....
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Statusmatcher reports say they've always been declined, but there is no harm in trying I guess...
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Considering that SQ isn't just an airline but an important pillar holding up Singapore's economy (tourism/trade/business), I can definitely see them become more aggressive towards EK in the future and maybe do a targeted status-match offer one day...

But for now status-match is simply not something that they deal with.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:57 am

How hard is it to get row 11 in business class on SQ's 777-300 ER? (Eyeing BCN-SIN)
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:04 am

How hard is it to get row 11 in business class on SQ's 777-300 ER? (Eyeing BCN-SIN)
I would say not hard at all if it is not selected by others.

I have managed to snag 11A two times out of two possible flights on 77W, without any status.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:27 am

Not a problem usually, it's not blocked and status doesn't make a difference. It's all on a first-come, first-served basis so the seat is free until someone books or redeems a flight and chooses that seat.

You should check ExpertFlyer.com as they can show you the seatmap of the biz cabin on any given date/flight. If they're showing 11A as vacant and SQ has saver awards on that flight - book it.

P.S. When my parents fly together I always get them 11A and 12A so that they can have the whole left side to themselves (and both enjoy window seats). I didn't even work my dates to make sure those seats would be free - I just booked saver awards on the dates I wanted and those seats happened to be free. So overall, it's not that difficult to get them if you're booking ahead.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by aster

P.S. When my parents fly together I always get them 11A and 12A so that they can have the whole left side to themselves (and both enjoy window seats).
Isn't 12A a windowless seat? Did your parents find it ok without a window to see the view?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:38 am

11A is most definitely windowless
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:41 am

Does anyone know how many * miles? Does Singapore Airline impose fuel surcharge on award tickets for international United flight originated in US? I know it doesn't for US domestic. For example, if I want to book an award ticket using KrisFlyer miles for a United flight from SFO to SIN or to HKG, do I have to pay fuel surcharge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.