Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
exactly my question

I am trying to fly LAX-SIN on May 3rd....and the flight was available last night, but this morning, its on Waitlist now (DOH!)..

Its lame because you cannot book a mixed class cabin award ticket online to get the 15% discount. So the agent told me to book two separate tickets...one for C and the other for Silk Air in Y (SIN-KUL)....

I have Membership Reward points and want to make sure the flights are available before I dump them into KF....but with this uncertaintly, maybe I should just skip it altogether...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I transferred over AMEX points for a HKG-SIN flight and got J class for the RT for 93000 points.

All in all a good deal in my opinion. I saw the waitlisted options and although they were the times we really wanted passed on them and went with the sure thing.

One is on the A380 and pretty excited for that.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by apodo77
I transferred over AMEX points for a HKG-SIN flight and got J class for the RT for 93000 points.

All in all a good deal in my opinion. I saw the waitlisted options and although they were the times we really wanted passed on them and went with the sure thing.

how much were your taxes on that award ticket?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat

For a moment then I thought you meant 93k for one person but now I assume it was 93.k for 2 J returns!

Personally I would have used 60k points and just booked through aeroplan however you can't get the A380 so it probably turned out better to go with SQ.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by mrx900
how much were your taxes on that award ticket?
200 US dollars total.

Also these were transferred from AMEX MR.

And since this post my wife decided she wanted to go to Phuket instead and $120 US cancellation fee later we are in business from HKG-SIN-HKT for 54000 miles total and I have 39000 Krisflyer miles I may never use.

Ahh...the joys of being married.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Were your flights waitlisted?

200 US dollars total.

Also these were transferred from AMEX MR.

And since this post my wife decided she wanted to go to Phuket instead and $120 US cancellation fee later we are in business from HKG-SIN-HKT for 54000 miles total and I have 39000 Krisflyer miles I may never use.

Ahh...the joys of being married.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by k3nnis
Were your flights waitlisted?
None were waitlisted...the original bookin or the new HKT booking.

Had to call to get the HKG-SIN-HKT route though.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: UA*1K, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Most waitlists seem to clear at certain intervals before the flight...

Some waitlists clear within 24 hours of reservation, as if they should never had been waitlisted in the first place.

But I have never seen a waitlist clear if you book less than 24 hours of departure
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:46 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
In case you guys haven't noticed, all waitlisted award bookings made prior to July 8 are totally disconnected from new system. I had a waitlist on Feb 7 (IAH-DME-SIN-BKK) and Feb 25 (return), both remained waitlisted after July 8 while the new system gives availability on both dates on exact same flights. So, I had to book a new one (can't believe I finally got biz seats on this route) and cancelled the old bookings. Even the agent told me she is not surprised the old ones didn't get cleared as the two databases are not linked whatsoever. Not sure who beats whom between UA/CO system migration and SQ.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA[1P], EK[Gold], KF[QPP08], TGROP[Gold], LH[Silver], GoldHHonors, GoldSPG
Originally Posted by demue
I have two flights on waitlist since Sep 11 for Aug 12 and nothing has happend so far. Really depends how loads on the flight look and what Rev. Mgmt thinks they will sell.
@demue: which flight sectors are you currently waitlisted? and when did you booked those flight?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:05 pm

Same topic again:

I have booked a C-seat Saver on SIN-FRA, but iam waitlisted right now. According to my past experience there is not much hope that it will clear.

Does anyone know how many seats are reserved for C-Savers (on a 777ER) and how long the waitlist could be?
If there is no availabilty, is everyone just put on waitlist or are they closing the waitlist after they recieved a certain amount bookings for a saver?

I dont have a back-up plan yet and iam wondering either to buy a ticket or get an economy saver as this is available currently. But for the Y-saver Iam not sure if i jeopardise my C-saver chances (oh there there is a Y-booking from the same person, just let him stay on waitlist).

Is there a possibily to find if there are upgrade savers available before you make a booking?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by SQ325
Same topic again:

I have booked a C-seat Saver on SIN-FRA, but iam waitlisted right now. According to my past experience there is not much hope that it will clear.

Does anyone know how many seats are reserved for C-Savers (on a 777ER) and how long the waitlist could be?
If there is no availabilty, is everyone just put on waitlist or are they closing the waitlist after they recieved a certain amount bookings for a saver?

I dont have a back-up plan yet and iam wondering either to buy a ticket or get an economy saver as this is available currently. But for the Y-saver Iam not sure if i jeopardise my C-saver chances (oh there there is a Y-booking from the same person, just let him stay on waitlist).

Is there a possibily to find if there are upgrade savers available before you make a booking?
I have had almost 100% success in getting business saver awards on SQ25/26 as well as SQ 21/22. As a matter of fact, got two business saver seats on SQ21 on 25 Jan, and have got off the waitlist for business saver for one pax on SQ21 on 11 and 13 Feb, and on SQ 25 (JFK-SIN) for 12 Feb.

Unless you are trying to book for a really busy day, I have found that waitlists usually clear within the last week before flight, sometime two weeks prior. Especially now a days, when I have found 20/30% vacant seats in Business on SQ 21/22 and SQ 25/26
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:27 pm

In the meantime i changed to an earlier flight with availabilty.

For the return i decided to take the gamble and wait if its clearing.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:55 pm

Sorry for bumping up an old thread but I'm looking to redeem SIN-ICN-SIN in end-January to join my hubby who is on a business trip.

Currently both legs are waitlisted. I can select an earlier flight and waitlist on SQ15 for ICN-SIN, but all the SIN-ICN sectors are showing waitlist only.

What's the likelihood of both waitlists clearing? My hubby will return with me on the same date. He is ticketed on SQ15, but he is flying out a week earlier and I am only joining him for the weekend. Will letting KF membership services know this information help with my chances of clearing both waitlist? I am redeeming miles from my own KF account.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Are there any numbers or stats how likely coach savers will clear?

And do MI awards clear less reliably than SQ metal awards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.