Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG is stopping all F services to Australia

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2008, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thumbs down TG is stopping all F services to Australia

All flights to Australia will be carried out by 777 and there will be no F cabin. This will be a huge reduction of premium seats on these destinations.

Sad! I wonder for what the F lounge in BKK will be good for in the future....

But hopefully this is not for real and will end up same the AKL joke last year.

P.S.: Expertflyer is no yet updated. This information is from my TA and checked by myself with the TG booking engine.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by behuman
All flights to Australia will be carried out by 777 and there will be no F cabin. This will be a huge reduction of premium seats on these destinations.

Sad! I wonder for what the F lounge in BKK will be good for in the future....

But hopefully this is not for real and will end up same the AKL joke last year.

P.S.: Expertflyer is no yet updated. This information is from my TA and checked by myself with the TG booking engine.
I was wondering what had happend! I have a flight booked from SYD to BKK in the summer and it was on a 744. Just got a email from the agent that the flight has changed to a 773. Checked the seat map and it shows 2+3+2 seating! What the????

So will they be using the old config on this route too? Or will it be fitted with the new biz by then?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by lallyr
I was wondering what had happend! I have a flight booked from SYD to BKK in the summer and it was on a 744. Just got a email from the agent that the flight has changed to a 773. Checked the seat map and it shows 2+3+2 seating! What the????

So will they be using the old config on this route too? Or will it be fitted with the new biz by then?
Don't count on it...
As of today only 1 of the 6 TG 777-300 is retrofitted with the new biz seats.
Looks like it will be the good old TG lottery as to whether you get a good or a crappy seat...( with odds seriously in favor of the latter).
Another pathetic desision by TG's management .
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:54 am

Programs: QF WP/LTS
Is there any confirmation of this from TG, and an effective date?

Just worried about my trip to CDG leaving on the 13th March returning early April....currently booked in first and due to issue the ticket in a few days.

Just did a dummy booking and the flight out on teh 13th still days 747.

If I won't actually be flying in first I'll be changing to another carrier...
Old Feb 5, 2008, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Angry This is not an airline anymore, but a mess

Originally Posted by asiaflyer

Just worried about my trip to CDG leaving on the 13th March returning early April....currently booked in first and due to issue the ticket in a few days.

Must be around end March. Made a dummy booking too for 30 March and it shows all 777 already, BUT strangely with F class fares available.

Will they fit 777 with F seats ? What a confusion.

For your own sake, change carrier for your trip as it appears that on your return home you will be in (old) C.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asiaflyer

Please see the title of this thread. CDG is in France and a long way from Australia. CDG will continue with the 744 service.

Now the next question, what will TG do with the two daily 744's that they used on this route? Replace them with the European flights currently operated by 743? Allow these to be retro-fitted?

I am not travelling a 9hr flight in the old biz for sure!
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:05 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
It's scheduled to be new C on 773.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spk
How do you know that? Good news if that is the case. Seatmap for the flight shows as 2+3+2
Old Feb 6, 2008, 1:11 am
Suspended

Great! Does Thai think we enjoy a lucky dip?! NO!

What are they doing, really.... Does anyone know if this is a permanent change?

If they are going to use old C, they should surely lower the fare!

Angry AG.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 1:22 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by spk
SPK I know you usually have good inside information, but I beg to differ with you on this one.
How long did it take them to reftrofit the 1st 777-300 ? ( I know the first one is always the hardest one, but still ). AFAIK the one and only retrofitted 777-300 is more or less dedicated to the NRT route...
They still have 5 more to go and we don't even know if they have started the retrofit on the 2nd one.
Odds are very much against getting the new seats on a 777-300 before at least another 6 months.
Hopefully Apinan the moron will soon get the boot and someone who can really run an airline will be in charge ( though TIT, and I seriously doubt it),.
No hard feelings against you, but TG is just an incompetent,corrupt organization.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 1:37 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
That's why I don't buy C or F class tickets on TG.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Angry Lats F flight confirmed 29 March - sorry for ticket holders

Originally Posted by pansted00
Hopefully Apinan the moron will soon get the boot and someone who can really run an airline will be in charge ( though TIT, and I seriously doubt it),.
No hard feelings against you, but TG is just an incompetent,corrupt organization.

Incompetent and corrupt same the country it bears the name from. With regrets for the few honest and intelligent Thai people.

TG became again better in quality recently and it is a shame that they let a whole continent down with a substandard product.

I called TG head office today and after a long wait was clearly confirmed that this is for real and the last F service will run on 29 March 2008.

Let's vote with our wallets. Just discovered on www.singaporeair.com very interesting fares (sure my TA will do even better) and excellent connections to all cities in Australia. Also SQ C is much better than TG F in all cases. And for a little threat - SQ F via SIN is just THB 30 000 more expensive than ex TG F.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 2:14 am

Programs: QF WP/LTS
CDG is in France and a long way from Australia. CDG will continue with the 744 service.
Sorry - I forgot to say flying from SYD - so very aware of the distance....

Checking with a dummy booking on the TG website now, I can see my last flight BKK - SYD is now only offering a 2 class 777 on 6th Apr. Hmmmm makes me wonder ... is it a mistake to start flying TG!!!
Old Feb 6, 2008, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by behuman
Incompetent and corrupt same the country it bears the name from. With regrets for the few honest and intelligent Thai people.
While I think that incompetent and corrupt is exactly what the TG management is, I think we should be more respectful towards the Thai people. I would consider the majority of Thai's honest and not only a few.

I fly Thai for over 9 years now in paid premium classes and my travel on Thai has gone down from average 160.000 base miles in C and F to probably 30.000. I take other airlines as the inconsistency really annoys me. So I vote with my wallet for some years already.

I still think that a more diplomatic wording considering the Thai people in general would be appropriate.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vivamuci
I still think that a more diplomatic wording considering the Thai people in general would be appropriate.
I am happy that you seem more fortunate (and / or have pink glasses) and respect your view. However I sadly must persist that this is a sick country and TG as a company reflects exactly this. For us foreigners it might be OK, but if you see how they deal among themselves you begin to doubt about humanity..... But this is for OMNI - for now let's switch to SQ - at least if they are competitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.