Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus Job Opening - Elite Recognition Manager

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club

I don't make a habit of cruising United's job openings, but this one was highlighted in the weekly Colloquy e-newsletter.

United is searching for an Elite Recognition Manager.

Interesting how the position is described. (Emphasis mine.)

Job Description

Under minimal direction, position ensures that MP Elite reward and recognition
benefits (non-travel) are competitive and contribute to Mileage Plus profitability.

Responsibility and Duties

Primary: to improve Mileage Plus Elite Recognition through systematic, disciplined MP product development and program management. Role includes coordination with Customer Experience (travel) benefits team, monitoring competitive offerings, performing strategic and financial analyses regarding Elite customer recognition elements, projecting future marketing needs and revenue opportunities, and managing the benefits change process.

Secondary: to support annual and ongoing MP segmentation efforts, ensuring that segmentation tiers are competitive and optimized for Customer Experience (CE) and MP profitability contribution to UA financial results.
Anyone here looking for a job and have thoughts on how UA ought to recognize its elites?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Whoever is successful, just remember the FTer segment
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, Motel 6 Tin
Originally Posted by gleff
Anyone here...have thoughts on how UA ought to recognize its elites?
I suggest that, each year, your elite package contain temporary tattoos that are exact copies of your GS/1K/1P/2P card. Suitable for transferring to forehead, especially during the check-in and boarding processes.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Under minimal direction
Yes, that certainly seems how it has been handled so far....
Old Sep 14, 2007, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Two thoughts:

1) Always nice to gain insight re how the program is conceived on the other side of the table. Not that there are surprises here.

2) Is this a downgrade? When Pat Mash was in charge, she was a vice president. Don't know if it's been the case since. Perhaps this person reports to the MP VP.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HonestABE
I suggest that, each year, your elite package contain temporary tattoos that are exact copies of your GS/1K/1P/2P card. Suitable for transferring to forehead, especially during the check-in and boarding processes.
If they take your advice, would it make you mad that you spent money for that permanent one??
Old Sep 14, 2007, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I presume the base location will be Mumbai?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 4:32 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Originally Posted by Firewind
Is this a downgrade? When Pat Mash was in charge, she was a vice president. Don't know if it's been the case since. Perhaps this person reports to the MP VP.
Direct report to Director of MP Enhancements
Old Sep 15, 2007, 1:48 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Firewind
Is this a downgrade? When Pat Mash was in charge, she was a vice president. Don't know if it's been the case since. Perhaps this person reports to the MP VP.
My understanding is that Ms. Mash was only a director when she handled M+ Marketing. She did get promoted to VP of Revenue Management before leaving for an EVP job with a Chicago real estate developer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.