FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Mileage Plus Job Opening - Elite Recognition Manager (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/736166-mileage-plus-job-opening-elite-recognition-manager.html)

gleff Sep 14, 2007 1:51 pm

Mileage Plus Job Opening - Elite Recognition Manager

I don't make a habit of cruising United's job openings, but this one was highlighted in the weekly Colloquy e-newsletter.

United is searching for an Elite Recognition Manager.

Interesting how the position is described. (Emphasis mine.)

Job Description

Under minimal direction, position ensures that MP Elite reward and recognition
benefits (non-travel) are competitive and contribute to Mileage Plus profitability.

Responsibility and Duties

Primary: to improve Mileage Plus Elite Recognition through systematic, disciplined MP product development and program management. Role includes coordination with Customer Experience (travel) benefits team, monitoring competitive offerings, performing strategic and financial analyses regarding Elite customer recognition elements, projecting future marketing needs and revenue opportunities, and managing the benefits change process.

Secondary: to support annual and ongoing MP segmentation efforts, ensuring that segmentation tiers are competitive and optimized for Customer Experience (CE) and MP profitability contribution to UA financial results.
Anyone here looking for a job and have thoughts on how UA ought to recognize its elites? :) :p

Kiwi Flyer Sep 14, 2007 1:56 pm

Whoever is successful, just remember the FTer segment :D

HonestABE Sep 14, 2007 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 8404489)
Anyone here...have thoughts on how UA ought to recognize its elites? :) :p

I suggest that, each year, your elite package contain temporary tattoos that are exact copies of your GS/1K/1P/2P card. Suitable for transferring to forehead, especially during the check-in and boarding processes. :D

Derek Sep 14, 2007 2:29 pm

Under minimal direction
Yes, that certainly seems how it has been handled so far.... :rolleyes:

Firewind Sep 14, 2007 3:07 pm

Two thoughts:

1) Always nice to gain insight re how the program is conceived on the other side of the table. Not that there are surprises here.

2) Is this a downgrade? When Pat Mash was in charge, she was a vice president. Don't know if it's been the case since. Perhaps this person reports to the MP VP.

UNITED959 Sep 14, 2007 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by HonestABE (Post 8404519)
I suggest that, each year, your elite package contain temporary tattoos that are exact copies of your GS/1K/1P/2P card. Suitable for transferring to forehead, especially during the check-in and boarding processes. :D

If they take your advice, would it make you mad that you spent money for that permanent one?? :D

Boraxo Sep 14, 2007 3:51 pm

I presume the base location will be Mumbai? :D

Derek Sep 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 8404829)
Is this a downgrade? When Pat Mash was in charge, she was a vice president. Don't know if it's been the case since. Perhaps this person reports to the MP VP.

Direct report to Director of MP Enhancements

LinBros Sep 15, 2007 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 8404829)
Is this a downgrade? When Pat Mash was in charge, she was a vice president. Don't know if it's been the case since. Perhaps this person reports to the MP VP.

My understanding is that Ms. Mash was only a director when she handled M+ Marketing. She did get promoted to VP of Revenue Management before leaving for an EVP job with a Chicago real estate developer.