Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

~$1 for 5* Langham Hotel in Melbourne Australia - FARE GONE - DISCUSSION ONLY!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

~$1 for 5* Langham Hotel in Melbourne Australia - FARE GONE - DISCUSSION ONLY!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Last night available = December 30
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Definetely bookable,just not sure what the catch ANZ card is all about?Anyone have a clue??
It may be a redemption award through Air New Zealand's Airpoints program. The Langham is one of the hotels listed. As I'm not a member of Airpoints, I couldn't go any further into the NZ site. If so, you'll have to cough up Airpoints??
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Life Titanium
Great Find

Hope it works - just booked 3 nights in May. On the e-mail conf it doesn't mention ANZ card at all. Wonder if it'll work - any good deals on airfare from US? Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Gold
I was just reading the Air New Zealand website and you can use ANZ Airpoints to get hotel rooms. I'm afraid they may require proof that you have valid Airpoints along with the .78 per night. Just a thought.

But Im still in until I hear that is indeed true!! ^

Oops---duplicate post...sorry about that!!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:30 am

Talking

Booked 5/5-5/8!

Thanks OP!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:30 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by ozstamps
If someone could book me an August 5/6/7 (for 2 persons) I sure would appreciate it!

Name Glen Stephens

Glen
Done
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can see it on the direct booking site but it will not accept the normal Amex I use for PL - the 4 digit code it is rejecting.
Call the hotel's in house reservations and tell them you want the $1 rate, but are having trouble booking it.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by MCI777
I was just reading the Air New Zealand website and you can use ANZ Airpoints to get hotel rooms. I'm afraid they may require proof that you have valid Airpoints along with the .78 per night. Just a thought.

But Im still in until I hear that is indeed true!! ^
The rate description says Pro-Air New Zealand Redemptionmust Provide Air Nz Card on Arrival so this is presumably the rate code for Air New Zealand points redemptions which became somehow bookable online. Presumably there's a certificate you get from Air New Zealand when you redeem, and you have to hand it over at checkin. At least that's my guess, so this probably won't work. But I have a booking nonetheless.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Pick latter May and call in on Oz Fest on the way home!

Glen

Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the August dates i wanted- thanks if anyone tried for me, but used a different booking TA than PL:

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): AUD1.00 ($0.78 US - based on current exchange rate)
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Nights: 3
Room Subtotal: AUD3.00 ($2.34 US - based on current exchange rate)
Taxes & Fees: May Apply
Total Charges (excluding Taxes and Fees): AUD3.00 ($2.34 US - based on current exchange rate)
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:34 am

Programs: Free at last!
Tried for the Australian Open in January 2006, but quoted over USD 400 per night. Settled for 21 night stay in August @ USD 16 total. If this flies, will have 1 child fly in from California and we'll fly in from South Africa.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:35 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Got the August dates i wanted- thanks if anyone tried for me, but used a different booking TA than PL:

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): AUD1.00 ($0.78 US - based on current exchange rate)
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Nights: 3
Room Subtotal: AUD3.00 ($2.34 US - based on current exchange rate)
Taxes & Fees: May Apply
Total Charges (excluding Taxes and Fees): AUD3.00 ($2.34 US - based on current exchange rate)
Harumph!

You owe me US$2.34! I'll have to take it out of that million lira note from Turkey.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Thanks ^^ to the original poster and to ScottC for sending this out to his list.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:38 am

Programs: US Gold
I booked two nights in May to take advantage of the Fiji trip. I'm in Fiji May 12-17 on the Air Pacific deal. So, think I'll redeem the 20,000 mile US Airways Star Alliance Oceana economy redemption to get me to Melbourne and stopover at Auckland on the way. Should be a fairly economical trip overall if this hotel rate sticks.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff

Harumph!

You owe me US$2.34! I'll have to take it out of that million lira note from Turkey.
My pleaseure! Thanks Spiff.

I'll soon find friends to join us at that rate! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.