Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Middle East Unrest, TLV, 12 April - 4 June 2024, resuming 5 June??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
9 May 2024 Jetstream update in English
Clear statement on when flights will be cancelled, but agents can proceed with a formal cancellation.
Clear statement on LHG protection and further details
Update May 9: See updates in red for additional cancels.

We implemented a refund and change fee only travel waiver for customers who want to voluntarily cancel or change travel to/from/through Tel Aviv, IL (TLV).

Airport: Tel Aviv, IL (TLV)
Travel dates: April 12 - the following dates for TLV canceled flights
  • UA84 EWR-TLV through June 5, 2024
  • UA85 TLV-EWR through June 6, 2024
  • UA90 EWR-TLV through June 19, 2024
  • UA91 TLV-EWR through June 20, 2024
  • Note: On the evening of May 10, we will run a schedule to cancel the flights and remove them from availability. Until then, even if agencies see the flight in availability, agencies can follow the parameters on this page. When rebooking, do not rebook on the flights that will be canceled.

Change fee waived
Change fee waived (if applicable) and changes are permitted to Basic Economy tickets.
  • Change waiver code: OSI UA 7JCNQ
  • Rescheduled travel must begin within ticket validity of the original ticket-issue date.
  • Subject to applicable fare at time of rebooking (add-collect, if applicable.)

UA TLV cancels and Lufthansa protection: Update May 9
For the following UA TLV canceled flights, customers may be protected on the Lufthansa Group, including Lufthansa (LH), Swiss (LX), Austrian (OS), Brussels (SN):
Rebooking parameters
See the Agency Rebooking Parameters > UA Schedule Change > Additional parameters to protect on LHG-operated flights. Passengers cannot be protected on any other airline.
  • Change waiver code: OSI UA7JCNQ or OSI UASKEDCHG
  • Keep in mind that other airlines may also be canceling flights. Customers should check with the other airline before traveling.

Alternate city permitted: Update May 9
Customers may change TLV departure or arrival to ATH, AMM, or DXB for these UA TLV canceled flights:
Rebooking parameters for alternate city
  • Flights must be both operated and marketed by United. No other airline or codeshare permitted.
  • Rebook in originally ticketed cabin in any booking code on the UA flight within seven days of original ticketed travel date.
  • Customers are responsible for travel between TLV and ATH, AMM, or DXB.
  • Change waiver code: OSI UA 7JCNQor OSI UASKEDCHG

Refund permitted
Travel agents can self-refund unused coupons/tickets by adding the UAIRROPS waiver code to an OSI.
  • Refund waiver code: OSI UA UAIRROPS
Additional parameters to protect on LHG-operated flights
  • For schedule change to original arrival or departure time of 2 hours or more, canceled flight with no protection, misconnection, or market/route changes and suspensions
    • Use UA-operated flights as first option for all protection, especially on long-haul flights.
    • When UA is not available, protect on true LHG (both operated and marketed, no codeshare) including, Lufthansa (LH), Swiss (LX), Austrian (OS), Brussels (SN) and partner carriers operating under LH/LX/OS/SN code including Edelweiss (WK), Eurowings Discover (4Y) and Lufthansa Cityline (CL). Excluded: Flights operated by Eurowings (EW) and Air Dolomiti (EN)
    • Booking class: If original booking class is not available, lowest available in same compartment may be used.
      • LH/OS/SN booking classes G/E/N are Premium Economy booking classes and cannot be used for rebooking economy class passengers. For UA Premium Economy in O/A/R protect as follows: O = G, A = E, R = N.
    • NOTE: When using alternate flights operated by LHG, new flights departure date must be +/- 3 days of original flight date.
older waiver
================================================== ==========================

Print Wikipost

Travel Waiver: Middle East Unrest, TLV, 12 April - 4 June 2024, resuming 5 June??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2024, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC

Have to imagine TLV flights are going to be suspended for a bit again with the latest news today.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Have to imagine TLV flights are going to be suspended for a bit again with the latest news today.
Most likely. I also read that Jordan might close its airspace. I hope that the flight to DXB tonight isnt impacted.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Most likely. I also read that Jordan might close its airspace. I hope that the flight to DXB tonight isn’t impacted.
According to FR24, Jordan airspace is closed. Also Lebanon, Iraq, Israel.

Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Most likely. I also read that Jordan might close its airspace. I hope that the flight to DXB tonight isnt impacted.
The whole area basically closed civilian airspace hours ago and multiple flights have been rerouted to their point of origin. TLV was trying to get flights out going West but I think they're done for the night based on some reports I saw from Israel.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
Do they keep any crews on the ground between flights?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Zone1
Yes
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
They put a travel waiver out last night

Middle East Unrest

Travel to or from certain airports might be impacted. Check here for the most up-to-date information about your flight options.
Original travel dates Airports affected Original ticket purchased on or before April 12, 2024 - May 1, 2024Tel Aviv, IL (TLV)
April 11, 2024

Flight options

If your flight is affected, here are your options:
  • If your new trip is after May 1, 2024, or is to a different destination, we’ll still waive any change fees but you might have to pay a fare difference depending on the flight.
  • If you cancel or don’t take your trip, you can get a full refund.
And today's UA84 was cancelled.

Originally Posted by Zone1
Usually stay a day, but I have to imagine the crew which flew in on Friday's UA84 went back out as deadheads on UA85 2 hours after arriving.

edit: looks like they've also cancelled EWR-DXB and IAD-AMM.

Last edited by Lux Flyer; Apr 13, 2024 at 7:30 pm
Old Apr 14, 2024, 3:58 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by runningshoes
The whole area basically closed civilian airspace hours ago and multiple flights have been rerouted to their point of origin. TLV was trying to get flights out going West but I think they're done for the night based on some reports I saw from Israel.
Reports indicate Israel airspace has reopened and I think I saw the same for Jordan.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:57 am
J S

Ua3881 muc-tlv

Saw this flight that just landed today (Sunday) and looks like the aircraft is operating a return TLV-MUC. Seems unusual. Is that a flight to make up for the cancelled TLV-EWR flights? Did they have to get special permission from Germany?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 8:00 am

Ferry flight likely to get any remaining crew/staff back out. Unlikely to be carrying any revenue passengers.
dw and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 11:41 am

Programs: AADULtArer
United vs using MUC as a staging area for TLV flights during the hostilities , IIRC
Old Apr 14, 2024, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Ferry flight likely to get any remaining crew/staff back out. Unlikely to be carrying any revenue passengers.
Correct. Landing in MUC with UA crew only within the hour as UA3022.
Doesn't bode well for a quick UA return to TLV, though with a 100% load factor for this pre-Passover week at incredibly high airfares, perhaps they'll still try to return. Really just depends on how Israel's retaliation plans.

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Yes
Crew now evacuated to MUC.

Also, just canceled:
UA84 EWR-TLV on Mon
UA85 TLV-EWR on Tues

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 17, 2024 at 3:34 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:27 pm

Programs: United, Star Alliance
So UA 84 from Newark is still on for Tuesday?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:23 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by njmacman
So UA 84 from Newark is still on for Tuesday?
As of now yes.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:41 am

Just canceled:
UA84 EWR-TLV on Tues
UA85 TLV-EWR on Weds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.