Chase may be coding Amex Serve as a Cash Advance (not confirmed)

Subscribe
Quote: Does a cash advance count towards the minimum spend requirement for bonuses at Chase?
No
Quote: Does a cash advance count towards the minimum spend requirement for bonuses at Chase?
even if it did, that would be a very expensive way of meeting minimum spends
Quote: Two $500 charges on my Chase United Explorer were coded as Cash Advance (my available cash advance limit was decreased by $1000 so I am sure of this!). They haven't posted yet but I am not hopeful of them posting as a sale.

I called Chase and they told me it was the fault of Amex who changed the coding from "Sale" to "Cash Advance" but I WAS able to get the temporary authorizations removed. Now the question is will Amex attempt to re-charge it...
I have never heard of a bank doing this
Nothing so far from Chase INK
Quote: I have never heard of a bank doing this
Me neither, plus Serve confirmed as well that it can't be reversed.
My capital one venture shows as a cash advance from today's load. Not sure what good the card is going to be for me as it was my "easy" ms card to stay away from chase and amex.
Quote: My capital one venture shows as a cash advance from today's load. Not sure what good the card is going to be for me as it was my "easy" ms card to stay away from chase and amex.
If this was your only use for the card then it wasn't that useful to begin with
Quote: If this was your only use for the card then it wasn't that useful to begin with
Thanks for the great insight. I got two of the cards for 50k bonus and used on 2 serve card and 4 buxx cards as well as another free load prepaid card. I didnt want to use a chase card for these methods and was getting 28k points per month for $40. Never claimed to be a big time thing, but not bad for a backup card that i never had to leave the house to utilize.
Quote: Thanks for the great insight. I got two of the cards for 50k bonus and used on 2 serve card and 4 buxx cards as well as another free load prepaid card. I didnt want to use a chase card for these methods and was getting 28k points per month for $40. Never claimed to be a big time thing, but not bad for a backup card that i never had to leave the house to utilize.
You are quite welcome sir....I am full of great insight (well I'm full of something anyway, but mods will smack my hand if I say it)
Chase Freedom denied
My chase freedom load today was also denied. Can't confirm that it was because it a CA yet but this has never happened before...
Is there a way we can blame this on the bow tie?
Chase has cut out HIGC, used to pay Lowe's LAR Accounts after Nov 23,

SMGC are now being tracked..,

Anyone think the writing us not on the wall..
Quote: Is there a way we can blame this on the bow tie?
We can always find reasons to blame the bow tie guy!!!
Quote: Received cash advance for UA Explorer Visa today.
To be clear, are you stating that you have been charged a cash advance fee?
Chase Sapphire Preferred (VISA) - load from today (not yet posted) DID reduce the Cash Advance Available Limit, so it appears they are running through as a Cash Advance.

Bank of America (VISA) - load from today (not yet posted) DID NOT reduce the Cash Advance Available Limit.

In the past, neither Chase or Bank of America would reduce the cash advance available limit for a Serve transaction.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  16