Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Subscribe
Quote: I think the < $100 workaround is highly YMMV. I tend to see more failures than successes with this workaround. I see this workaround getting patched quickly to the point where OVs are not allowed to be used at WM as Debit. Its pretty ridiculous to me.
I think the patch already happened at 11AM PSTish. I originally posted the workaround but that was me trying last night at ~8-9PM PST, and even early this morning people were reporting success. I think someone posted who literally was in the process of the workaround, had a string of successes, then midway through unloading the workaround was killed off.
Even link OV debit card as a funding source in Bluebird has problem now. Is it a Bluebird debit card restriction issue?
Quote: Even link OV debit card as a funding source in Bluebird has problem now. Is it a Bluebird debit card restriction issue?
It has never been allowed?
Thanks. BB folks told me wrong info. to link OV as the funding source in BB.
Are the $500 US bank VGC being effected the same way OV cards are when loading BB at Wallyworld?
Quote: Are the $500 US bank VGC being effected the same way OV cards are when loading BB at Wallyworld?
Research will give you the answer.
FYI BARCLAY No longer offers AGC.... so 6% is dead. Thus ends my retirement plan... dam
Quote: FYI BARCLAY No longer offers AGC.... so 6% is dead. Thus ends my retirement plan... dam
Welcome to last month in the wrong thread....but I'll give you a ^ for your retirement plan!
Hit the same problem today with OV and vanillas. I do believe it's time to exit the VGC game and move on to more interesting waters.
Another data point, as of we need any more evidence to cry over. I just tried OV's that didn't work last night when I tried $5h, $4h, and $1h loads (this was before I knew to try <$1h). This time I tried $90: error code 96, $99: error code 96, $50: error code 94, nothing worked. But I brought with me a vanilla MC (Cvs sells them for $1 more than OVs). No amount of denominations worked for this card either. However, instead of error code 96 or 94, it consistently gave me error code 14. Not sure what that is all about. I searched FT and found a thread that somebody else got the same strange code and thought maybe the pin wasn't set correctly, so I reset the pin, created a new one by purchasing a drink as a debit, and tried all the denominations again. No luck, error code 14 every time.

From there I went and bought all MC from another issuer (ouch, double the fees), and returned to WM where I successfully loaded all that I had left. I'm embarrassed by how much time I spent today trying to figure this all out. Curiosity got the best of me though. I hope this helps somebody.

I almost wish they would have timed this with the demise of the VR, just ripped all the band aids off at once.
Quote: Hit the same problem today with OV and vanillas. I do believe it's time to exit the VGC game and move on to more interesting waters.
+100, this is dead and the ship has sailed...time to just quit MS altogether
Quote: +100, this is dead and the ship has sailed...time to just quit MS altogether
Yes, you are right.
Perhaps we should close the entire MS thread.....and start couponing.
Quote: Yes, you are right.
Perhaps we should close the entire MS thread.....and start couponing.
I second this motion. Enough is enough.
Quote: +100, this is dead and the ship has sailed...time to just quit MS altogether
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

^
Cashed all of my vanillas in for mo's at meijer yesterday. Sounds like wm may be dead.
35  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  55