Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:49 am

Overcharged

Just returned from a stay at PH Saigon and had a very positive experience while I was there. I did notice, however, while reviewing the invoice when I got home that I had been overcharged on my stay. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt, but recalling my checkout experience I have the feeling that it may not have been completely innocent. A few things that stand out about the check-out:

- I was not offered and had to request a physical copy of the invoice.
- I did think that the total was slightly high, but I was quickly shown "meal, meal" - reference to the meal that I enjoyed during my stay at the hotel. At this point I just dismissed the excess to what must be tax, etc.

Anyway, the invoice went something like this:

Night 1 $ xxx.xx
Meal $ xx.xx
Night 2 $ xxx.xx (60.00USD more than it should have been)

So I called Hyatt and asked to review the charges and they immediately forwarded me to the PH Saigon where the person on the phone only asked for my email where a revised invoice would be sent. I received a notice that the 60 would be refunded. Great. I received an email saying that 60.00 would be refunded. Seems a little strange though that I never mentioned what my issue was with the bill. I even insisted that before we disconnected that I should at least tell him why I was calling. He said it was not necessary.

Hate to suggest some kind of conspiracy, but it feels kinda fishy. I haven't caught such a mistake at a hotel before (doesn't mean much, though).

Anyway, I write this as a notice that somehow something didn't quite work and guests should take more care than I did when reviewing their charges.

Nice hotel, will stay again!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:54 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Were your nights the same rate or different? Highly unlikely it was a scam, rather you are confirming things in your head.

A lot of Hyatt, including PH now email you your invoice. For most business travellers this is far preferable and many of us prefer not to waste paper, regardless.

Standard practice for retrieving a bill is to either do it online to which front desk respond 24/7 or you are transferred to the hotel front desk.

They obviously identified it was a mistake and rectified it immediately.

It always pays to review your bill...
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Were your nights the same rate or different? Highly unlikely it was a scam, rather you are confirming things in your head.
Points + cash for my entire stay. All the same rates per Hyatt table. I do wonder why a points + cash would be charged differently 1 night vs. another.
Absolutely agree that it may all be in my head.

Originally Posted by m0hamed
They obviously identified it was a mistake and rectified it immediately.

It always pays to review your bill...
^ 100%
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:32 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It should definitely be the same, however apparently cash and points is pegged to an exchange rate and only changed every few months. Still doesn't explain the discrepancy.

In fact I go one further and always ask for the bill on our last night and make them add the final night. That way we can speed off when we need to depart with only a cursory glance!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Had a two night stay here. Room was nice enough. Not the best room I ever had in a park hyatt but maybe a little more original in design. The bed was really nice and comfortable. The service from the staff was outstanding. Location isn't bad. Not too far from a busy street right near the opera house. I'd stay there again.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Red259
Had a two night stay here. Room was nice enough. Not the best room I ever had in a park hyatt but maybe a little more original in design. The bed was really nice and comfortable. The service from the staff was outstanding. Location isn't bad. Not too far from a busy street right near the opera house. I'd stay there again.
You say location isn't bad. But is it ideal? Or are there better options?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Costanza1
I cant see one
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:01 am

The major chain hotels are all within 5 to 10 minutes walk of each other, and all very centrally located. They are close to the palace, cathedral and museums and markets, to within a few minutes of each other. That's Hyatt, Intercontinental, Sofitel, Sheraton, Le Meridien, and Renaissance. Hardly any difference in location except Le Meridien is beside a major construction project so it's a bit worse than normal for traffic.

Two exceptions are Pullman and Nikko. Pullman is closer to backpacker area if you're looking to join that nightlife or take the cheaper tour offerings and long distance busses that depart there. Hotel Nikko is probably my favorite in Saigon but it's a good 15 minute drive away and not really close to the others.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by maverick17
The major chain hotels are all within 5 to 10 minutes walk of each other, and all very centrally located. They are close to the palace, cathedral and museums and markets, to within a few minutes of each other. That's Hyatt, Intercontinental, Sofitel, Sheraton, Le Meridien, and Renaissance. Hardly any difference in location except Le Meridien is beside a major construction project so it's a bit worse than normal for traffic.

Two exceptions are Pullman and Nikko. Pullman is closer to backpacker area if you're looking to join that nightlife or take the cheaper tour offerings and long distance busses that depart there. Hotel Nikko is probably my favorite in Saigon but it's a good 15 minute drive away and not really close to the others.
Awesome, thanks! Exactly the info I was looking for. Think I'll go ahead and redeem some points then as I plan to visit after Thailand in Jan.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Its in District 1 which is the best area for tourists/business. I was happy with the location and could walk to the places I wanted to visit.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:50 am

A truly stunning property

Park Hyatt Saigon

Map| 5 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Park Hyatt Saigon

2 Lam Son Square Ho Chi Minh City, VN 70000

A truly stunning property (23 Photos)

Park Hyatt Saigon

We chose to begin our Viet Nam vacation in SGN and booked the property using cash and points and applied a TSU for a Park Suite.

We arranged the hotel car with Meet & Assist and at SGN were whisked from the aerobridge through the Diplomatic immigration line and straight into the hotel S Class. The airport staff knew both our names and congratulated us on our special occasion.

The hotel car has wifi and a cooler box between the two back seats with water, premium soft drinks such as San Pel flavoured sparkling water. At this point we could tell it was going to be an exceptional stay.

Check In

We arrived at the hotel and it looks stunning at night. Grand, Colonial architecture. We were met by several staff at the car and offered private in room check in by the duty manager.

Once you walk through the front doors you noticed the grand staircase, the chandaliers in the lobby lounge and the great number of local artworks. It is clear that as is Park Hyatt standard there is an extraordinary art collection at this property, in fact there is a coffee table book in the room with details on each piece.

The duty manager was delightful and gave us the history of the hotel and informed us that we had been further upgraded to a Park Executive Suite on the top floor.

1_Lobby.JPG

Lifts.JPG1_Scent.JPG

Art1.JPGArt2.JPGArt3.JPGArt4.JPGArt5.JPGArt8.JPG

Room

I had requested a top floor suite and quiet room so this suite overlooked the pool and the gardens. The suite was elegant and understated with beautiful artwork and ornaments.

A decent size living room and bedroom, one bathroom and a kitchenette.

The amenity was a bottle of red (we don't drink red wine) and some dried mango and other fruits. The room was filled with flesh flowers and several orchids. The room also had a tablet instead of a compendium

We were very happy with tht TSU.

1_Living.JPG

1_Living3.JPG

1_Living2.JPG

Room.JPG

Amenity.JPG

Fruits2.JPG

Artbook.JPG

1_FLowers.JPG

Flowers3.JPG

Kitchen.JPGKitchen2.JPG

Service

Service at the hotel was exceptional. It was clear staff knew who we were and they all went out of their way. They knew our f&b preferences and honoured them without us asking.

They could not have gone more above and beyond.

Dining

We ate in the lobbly lounge on one night while drinking fabulous cocktails amongst the wealthy locals.

We expected breakfast to be disappointing with Opera closed, but breakfast on the second floor was extensive with Western, Asian and Vietnamese options.

Obviously the Vietnamese coffee was a highlight.

The 2 Lam Son Bar offers a 51% (no idea why the extra 1)! at Happy Hour 5-8PM on all food and beverage. We ordered tapas which were incredible and several cocktails including their signature drink which was amazing.

Breakfast.JPG

1_Breakfast3.JPGBreakfast2.JPG

As others have noted the location means you can walk to most of the sites. Luxury brands surround the hotel and the VinCom centre with two food courts is on the next block.

Overall

Overall, the PH SGN exceeded our expectations. It's an oasis of calm in a vibrant and busy city.

While Colonial in architecture it remains true to its Vietnamese heritage and it feels like a special, luxury hotel. It also has a gorgeous signature scent.

The service is of a high standard. We han an incredible stay and will definitely return.

A truly stunning property

Would you like to write a review on the Park Hyatt Saigon?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Nice review and glad you enjoyed PH Saigon, but I'm afraid that does not appear to be a Park Executive Suite. It looks exactly like the 70 m2 Park Suite we had (913), with the dining table for 2. The Park Executive Suite is 110 m2 and has a much larger living room and a dining table for 4.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Nice review and glad you enjoyed PH Saigon, but I'm afraid that does not appear to be a Park Executive Suite. It looks exactly like the 70 m2 Park Suite we had (913), with the dining table for 2. The Park Executive Suite is 110 m2 and has a much larger living room and a dining room for 4.
You may be right. I didn't think the Park Suite's had a kitchenette. But she definitely said that.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:58 am

Thank you, m0hamed, for this incredible review of Park Hyatt Saigon... brings back wonderful memories. One of my favorite hotel experiences out there! And apparently, they keep getting better.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by scented
Thank you, m0hamed, for this incredible review of Park Hyatt Saigon... brings back wonderful memories. One of my favorite hotel experiences out there! And apparently, they keep getting better.
I can honestly say it was one of my best Park Hyatt stays ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.