Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tallahassee {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tallahassee {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2002, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tallahassee {US-FL}

i was at the doubletree tallahassee 6/12-6/13. this stay has not posted. I'm going for the 50,000 promo. my stays are completed but the posts have not.

was at doubletree castle orlando last week, posted in 2 days. embassy suites atlanta airport last week, posted in two days. hilton vacation club orlando, not posted.

i realize it's a little early on the vacation club hilton orlando to worry, but should I worry about the 6/12 stay at the doubletree?

cheers for any response.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 12:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
1. per the HH website, wait 3 weeks for the stay to post before doing anything else.

2. On the HH website there is a link for reporting missing stays. They ask for things like the amount of the bill and how it was paid. Easiest if you've kept your receipt. Then you wait awhile longer (3-4 weeks more in my experience).

3. I beleive you can call the HH service center (though I never have) and talk to someone in person. They may ask you to fax your receipt. Apparently this closes the issue faster than via the website.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:01 am

Location: Oklahoma City, OK - NWA Gold - AA Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Gold
Programs: NW, CO, WN, HH
Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee Trip Reports and Reviews

Stayed there just one night and that seemed like enough for me. Standard room (no upgrade was offered) had a door that I had to jam to shut; the curtain rod fell off whilst drawing for the evening; only 11 stations came through (not including ESPN2); an incredibly small bathroom; and of course, one of the unfortunates that still exist in the hotel industry, the $9.99 charge for internet access for one night.

The cookie wasn't bad, but I really just would not recommend this hotel to any business traveler if they had a choice of Hilton properties to choose from.

Sorry to post a negative review, but just felt it necessary.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 3:19 pm

Agree

Snotty staff, old hotel, creepy parking garage all contribute to the same assessment.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , HH-diamond, spg gold,hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by TopDawg4OU
Stayed there just one night and that seemed like enough for me. Standard room (no upgrade was offered) had a door that I had to jam to shut; the curtain rod fell off whilst drawing for the evening; only 11 stations came through (not including ESPN2); an incredibly small bathroom; and of course, one of the unfortunates that still exist in the hotel industry, the $9.99 charge for internet access for one night.

The cookie wasn't bad, but I really just would not recommend this hotel to any business traveler if they had a choice of Hilton properties to choose from.

Sorry to post a negative review, but just felt it necessary.
Don't be sorry, that is what these forums are all about, I read this one as I travel a lot. Matter fact I have a trip planned in late May and have Rez there, will cancel, why take the chance. Especially on vacation, as they say there are other hotels.
That's what is nice about FT, there is always someone that has stayed sometime in the past where you want to stay and info is what it's all about.
Thanks again

row1a
Old Jun 7, 2005, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
What can I expect as a GOLD @ Doubletree Tallahassee ?

Will be staying two nights in late June. Thank you for your help.
Old May 26, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CO Silver, IC Plat, Marriott Silver
Question DoubleTree or Park Plaza, Tallahassee? Help me decide ...

Hi; I have two reservations for a forthcoming business trip, both in Tallahassee.

One is for the DoubleTree, at $139 + $6.00 parking and $9.95 high speed internet; all per night.

The other is at the Park Plaza, at $159, including both breakfast, parking and HSI and two free cocktails.

As far as I know, there's no lounge at the D/Tree, so Diamond privileges won't mean much. I realise that I won't get my Honors points, but since I'm diamond, with plenty of points in the bank, that doesn't mean as much as it used to do.

This is a tough decision - what would you do?
Old May 26, 2007, 10:20 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I personally did not like the service at the Doubletree property in Tallahassee.

I have never been to the other property.
Old May 26, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL,HH Gold,SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni SG
The location of the Doubletree is much better if you want to walk to dinner, or anywhere downtown. It is right up the street from Andrews Capital Grille or 228. http://www.andrewsdowntown.com/
Old Jun 17, 2007, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I personally did not like the service at the Doubletree property in Tallahassee.
Having checked in today - and promptly checked out again, I have to kind of agree. It wasn't so much the service, rather the appalling room to which I was assigned. It's probably my fault for being a smoker but the only smoking section is on the third floor, with a great view into the car park. After the next arriving guest parked in the disabled bays outside my window, reversing in and therefore setting my window vibrating and blowing exhaust fumes into my room, I called reception for another room. The only available rooms were effectively in the same position, therefore I had a brief tussle with reception and left.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have never been to the other property.
I'm there now - at walk-in rates of $109 inclusive of parking and broadband, compared to $139 + $6 + $9.95. And the restaurant choices are very varied ...

I guess I may have upset the DoubleTree, but I don't need the points that badly!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL Medallion, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I stayed at the DT Tallahassee 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed my short stay. I was on the top floor in a nice room. I had to pay for internet service.

I don't like the Park Plaza hotel. Crowded place.

My favorite hotel for TLH is the Hilton Garden Inn near the intersate and the Homewood Suites.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 6:00 pm

I did check the HGI's - one's a non-smoking facility and the other is showing rates of $149/night - I can't imagine how that can be justifiable! I have stayed in HGI's all over - most recently, the last two nights in Savannah, GA at $109/night. I've stayed in HGI's in Albany, NY; upstate New York somewhere and other places that I can't quite remember - the one thing that did stick in my mind is that unless you look at the ZIP code on the phone, you can't remember where you are, since these hotels are all built on the same formula. Is it really worth $149 in Tallahassee?

[Edited] and judging by the parking area, this hotel - the Park Plaza - isn't that full right now
Old Jan 17, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Any recent stays? Is there an executive lounge?

This hotel is no longer at its old location on Monroe Street. It is now on South Adams Street. Any recent stays or reviews since the hotel's location on Adams St.? Trip advisor reviews seem to be improving for this hotel in 2008 in contrast to some of the reviews in 2007. The booking website mentions executive level but is there an executive lounge?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:20 am

Anyone have a review on this hotel recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.