FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tallahassee {US-FL}
Old Jun 17, 2007, 5:33 pm
UK2USFlier

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CO Silver, IC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I personally did not like the service at the Doubletree property in Tallahassee.
Having checked in today - and promptly checked out again, I have to kind of agree. It wasn't so much the service, rather the appalling room to which I was assigned. It's probably my fault for being a smoker but the only smoking section is on the third floor, with a great view into the car park. After the next arriving guest parked in the disabled bays outside my window, reversing in and therefore setting my window vibrating and blowing exhaust fumes into my room, I called reception for another room. The only available rooms were effectively in the same position, therefore I had a brief tussle with reception and left.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have never been to the other property.
I'm there now - at walk-in rates of $109 inclusive of parking and broadband, compared to $139 + $6 + $9.95. And the restaurant choices are very varied ...

I guess I may have upset the DoubleTree, but I don't need the points that badly!