Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN and SEN+

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2008, 5:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN (I miss my HON days), Sixt Diamond, everything else is silver by now
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Some more recent examples.

Another flight, this time 2-class, a HON onboard complained that I had his favourite seat (bulkhead aisle seat). The purser turned down his request to move me saying I was also an uber-frequent flyer.
You have got to be kidding me. Maybe I am too humble, but asking somebody who potentially paid 4-5K Euros to move, because "I like the seat" is so waaay out of my comfort zone it makes me cringe.

Time for another "HONs are bitter people" thread. Last time I went to the FCT I thought the same. (This is why A26 and MUC feel more comfy to me)
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:40 am

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by attorney28
I am so tempted to guess which FTer this was...but I won't .
It was NOT me
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
It was NOT me
Obviously.
You'd never board such an appaling "2-class" plane.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by pokeshot
You have got to be kidding me. Maybe I am too humble, but asking somebody who potentially paid 4-5K Euros to move, because "I like the seat" is so waaay out of my comfort zone it makes me cringe.
Not really - sometimes it becomes embarrising witnessing the behaviour of others "demands"
Point in case last week back from BKK to FRA - a HON - as last minute operational upgrade is to be seated in 84 H but finds his seat taken - 83 H is still free - but as he had requested weheel chair because he could not move properly the FA want him to take his seat in 84 H and move the person who sat there wrongly.
The HON says he wants 83 H and sits down. The FA try to tell him he can not because of his movement restrictions. HON goes into tirade about that he received the black card about 4 months ago and that he is sooooo important etc pp... The purser comes and insists that the captain wants him in his scheduled seat. Plane gets delayed - HON refuses as he is not diasbled - the FA try to intervene further. Should I mention that the other 15 PAX during this time got only sporadic pre departure drinks - no amenities or anything - as this guy went on ... Finally they let him stay ...
I asked the FA seated opposite me for the start about the consequences if something would happen - turns out she was swedish so the discussion could go into more details without inconvenieng the HON across the aisle. Basically they would be lieable and she was not happy about it - but as he refused and threatened .. they took the easy way out.
After start - service is about to starts - the HON demands beer - and is unhappy about the choice - calls in the cavalery - and purser and FA are on the knees listening about what rubibish LH is to have so bad beer choices - as the wine list changes every two month but beers not and stillthey had gotten some other beer for him btw - a bottle I have not seen before.
Of course the service for the 15 other pax was delayed again.
So I am unfortunately not surprised at all by KIWI Flyers experience

It seems that nowasays one need to shout and demand - trying to be polite in the sense one was brought up makes one a looser

Cheers

Thomas
Old Apr 26, 2008, 2:13 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by tcswede
..and stillthey had gotten some other beer for him btw - a bottle I have not seen before..
Which in turn proves Mr. HONte's behaviour successful and hence correct and consequently he will repeat it over and over.
In the long run, his shamelessness will prove a breeding advantage and hence this species will take over the flying world ... o tempora o miles!
Old Apr 26, 2008, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by tcswede

It seems that nowasays one need to shout and demand - trying to be polite in the sense one was brought up makes one a looser
I'm amazed that these idiots are always on the FRA flights. I've very rarely heard of incidents withi similar a-holes on MUC planes in F. But maybe I'm mistaken, so feel to post your MUC related HON+/SEN+ horror stories.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
I'm amazed that these idiots are always on the FRA flights. I've very rarely heard of incidents withi similar a-holes on MUC planes in F. But maybe I'm mistaken, so feel to post your MUC related HON+/SEN+ horror stories.
So as of now, MUC does not only offer unmatched crews, it now also provides vastly superior passengers?

I am amazed by the skills Bavaria developed since I was there last ...
Old Apr 26, 2008, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I had a great SEN experience on an LX ZRH-ATH flight.
First I was asked to be reseated because an elderly couple wanted to sit together. As C only had 3 rows I agreed, even though I did not fancy sitting in 1A (no place to set up my laptop). Nevertheless I did so, as I was having a good day (meeting "merge' em Andre1970 later that afternoon in ATH!)

The FA came to me and then asked me for my meal choice as I was apparently the only status pax in the C cabin and she wanted to make sure I got my choice, as LX starts service from back to front. In 1A I was therefore last to receive my meal.

When she finally got round to serving me, she had forgotten all about it and handed me the meal I didn't want... I just looked at her and said: "...but you did ask me!".

She was a little embarrassed and soon rectified the situation. She just took the meal she had already served to another guy and gave it to me and told him "I have made a mistake". Turns out though that this guy had already started eating his meal (the salad). When I mentioned this the FA offered to take back the other meal to me, but the guy had also just started eating this too...

So, as the only status pax in this cabin, I ended up with a meal which had already been nibbled on ...way to go !
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
So as of now, MUC does not only offer unmatched crews, it now also provides vastly superior passengers?
It appears so.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
So, as the only status pax in this cabin, I ended up with a meal which had already been nibbled on ...way to go !
You flew LX.
You got what you deserved.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Quelle HONte (=what a shame) - reason 38'619 for some other users for not flying LX...

But LX takes such complaints usually very serious and is very generous after such things. I once got the full refund between C and Eco because I did not receive a coffee between ZRH and MUC...
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer
You flew LX.
You got what you deserved.
After my Turkish Airlines experience I will no longer complain about LH/LX !
Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
When I mentioned this the FA offered to take back the other meal to me, but the guy had also just started eating this too...
Priceless!
Old Apr 26, 2008, 12:08 pm

..the FA offered to take back the other meal to me, but the guy had also just started eating this too..
On a carrier where an FA repeatedly attempts to take away your meal to feed it to other pax aboard, this is the only legal form of self defense that works. Can't blame the fella that he pulled that one .
Old Apr 26, 2008, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rorschi
I once got the full refund between C and Eco because I did not receive a coffee between ZRH and MUC...
Yes, but since is coffee is for you what air is to everybody else... @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.